Development of 12.5-hectare site including civil and landscaping works, with up to 300 residential townhouses constructed.
Development Victoria is the Victorian Government’s property development agency. The organisation’s purpose is to unlock property to revitalise neighbourhoods while delivering enhanced commercial outcomes on surplus and underutilised government sites. At our core, we redevelop government land to revitalise communities and maximise land value to government.
Sunshine is a high-profile local government area of which the City of Brimbank is the local governing authority. Sunshine has been recognised in State Government planning policies as an important activity centre and one of six National Employment Clusters with an expected population growth of 60,000 over the next 20 years. The Sunshine North Medium Density Development will provide much needed housing in this key growth cluster close to the ever growing Sunshine Major Activity Centre, the health precinct including Sunshine Hospital and the new Joan Kirner Woman’s and Children Hospital, and the future ‘super hub’ at Sunshine Station as part of Airport Rail Link.
The development is in an ideal location due to its proximity to nearby public transport, major roads and freeway allowing for the site to be connected to neighbouring suburbs within easy reach. This places the development at the heart of the ever growing and progressive west Melbourne corridor.
The Sunshine North Medium Density Development has been designed with the concept of affordable living, walkability, housing diversity and integration to adjoining areas.
The development will provide a mix of 1, 2, 3- and 4-bedroom townhouses consisting of a diverse range of housing typologies. With approximately 300 townhouses to be delivered in 3 residential stages, the proposed number of dwellings for each stage are outlined below;
• Stage 1 – 86 dwellings
• Stage 2 – Approx. 105 dwellings
• Stage 3 – Approx. 110 dwellings
In addition to residential townhouses, residents will be provided with an urban plaza that will act as a meeting point for residents as well as a central park offering sheltered BBQ areas and modern play areas to cater for different age groups. The development will also include several mixed-use and retail opportunities along the main road frontage to complement the needs of the community in future years to come.
Given the unique location of the development, the project has the following attributes:
- Diverse range of townhouse typologies to cater to a range of purchaser profiles
- Townhouses designed to target affordable price points
- A range of affordable living initiatives incorporated
- Provision for a number of public open spaces and green reserves throughout the development
- Connectivity to key amenities via shared pedestrian and cycling paths
- Future retail and mixed-use opportunities on site
- Proximity to a number of schools and university
- Proximity to Melbourne Airport
- Close to key existing transport infrastructure including Western Ring Road Freeway, Ballarat Road and both Ginifer and Albion stations on the Sunbury line
- Close proximity to the expanding health precinct including Sunshine Hospital and the Joan Kirner Women’s and Children’s Hospital and a range of medical centres
- Proximity to the Sunshine Major Activity Centre
- Proximity to the future ‘super hub’ at Sunshine Station as part of the Airport Rail Link
The following milestones are applicable to the project:
- Development Plan Lodgement – December 2017 Completed
- Development Plan Approved – February 2019 Completed
- Stage 1 Planning Permit Lodgement – May 2019 Completed
- Achieve Stage 1 Planning Permit – Late 2019 / Early 2020*
- Purchaser Registrations of Interest – January 2020*
- Sales Launch – February 2020*
- Stage 1 Civil Construction – Mid 2020*
- Stage 1 Building Construction Commencement – Early 2021*
*These dates are indicative only
Please Note - this is NOT an EOI for the Main Contractor, however if you are a sub-contractor and/or product supplier then please complete an EOI as below.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- To submit an initial EOI, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to Construction Companies who are shortlisted to bid for this Project.
- It is up to the short listed Construction Company's discretion to contact potential sub-contractors and/or product suppliers.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complementing a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN network - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to ICN Information and Updates, Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.