About the project
The Victorian Government has committed up to $1.5 billion to build a new, 504 bed hospital at 89 Ballarat Road, Footscray to replace the existing Footscray hospital and ensure that the people of Melbourne’s west have greater access to quality care closer to home, when it opens in 2025.
The New Footscray Hospital will deliver a critical uplift in the capacity of public health services in Melbourne’s western corridor, where demand for services is expected to more than double in the next 20 years.
The New Footscray Hospital will be an elective and emergency hospital, increasingly expert in the provision of treatment for chronic disease and will provide expansions in mental health, inpatient, palliative care and outpatient services as well as enhancing its teaching and research capacity.
While a hospital first and foremost, the Project will also be a catalyst for change, supporting the development of a broader health, education, research and community precinct. It will be a “green and healthy” hospital that promotes and responds to the Project’s key sustainability objectives.
This project will be delivered by the Victorian Health and Human Services Building Authority (VHHSBA) in partnership with Western Health to be procured as an availability Public Private Partnership (PPP), delivered under the Partnerships Victoria Framework.
The Project is currently in the Procurement Phase with construction commencement estimated at late 2020 and operational commencement scheduled for 2025.
Delivering this Project within the approved budget and on time is of the highest priority for the State. If you are a sub-contractor or product supplier and wish to connect to the PPP consortia tendering for this Project please complete an EOI below by following the instructions below.
This is NOT an EOI for the main contractor or for the PPP consortia tendering for this Project.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available for your company to submit an EOI for are listed below
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Package listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to Construction Companies and PPP Consortia who are short listed to bid for this PPP Project.
- It will then be the responsibility of the relevant PPP Respondant to make direct contact with your company.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complementing a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN network - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to ICN Information and Updates, Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.