About the Project
The Bendigo Law Courts Development Program will deliver a new Headquarter Court within the Bendigo CBD. This $152.4m Program will provide a much needed capacity uplift to the current disbursed six-courtroom facilities and will be vital for improving access to justice services as Bendigo's population continues to grow, also reducing pressure on courts in neighbouring regions.
Court Services Victoria (CSV) is leading the development of the new court facility, which will be built on the corner of Mundy and Hargreaves Street, on a site currently used by Bendigo TAFE.
The facility will be set over five levels and will feature eight courtrooms, two hearing rooms, two mediation suites and 14 custody holding cells.
The new court will be safer for victims, court staff and visitors, with the latest court security systems, secure paths and multiple entrances. It will set a new benchmark in courtroom design, improving user experience and amenity in accordance with recommendations from the Royal Commission into Family Violence.
Bendigo Law Courts will also be the first in Victoria to feature a full suite of specialist courts to meet the needs of the local community in one location. Specialist courts for family violence, Koori, mental health assessment and referral, and drug matters will be available.
The Design is now under way, with construction due to commence once access to the future site is made available by Bendigo TAFE.
The current Bendigo Magistrates' Court will operate as normal during construction. CSV is committed to protecting the rich heritage of these existing buildings, and will establish a process to consult with local community stakeholders about future use.
The program will deliver a major boost for the construction industry over the two-year build. It is estimated that it will create up to 450 jobs during construction and CSV are committed to meeting the Government’s Local Jobs First requirement of 92% of the construction project value as local content.
This is NOT an EOI for the Main Contractor as that process will be carried out by CSV.
If you are a sub-contractor or product supplier who would like to provide an EOI for this Project, please follow the instructions below.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Package listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to the relevant Respondent.
- It will then be the responsibility of the relevant Respondent to make direct contact with your company.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.