About the Project
The New Schools 2021 Program is part of The Victorian Government’s commitment to deliver hundreds of upgrades, brand new schools, and early childhood centres across the State through the Victorian School Building Authority (VSBA). The intense level of population growth in many metropolitan and regional communities necessitates a large number of new facilities that provide community services, including early learning, primary, secondary, and special education services. In response to the growing demand within Victoria, DET-VSBA has identified the need for additional school facilities.
The New Schools 2021 Program includes the construction of 11 new schools. Funding announced in the 2019-2020 Victorian State budget will see the completion of nine primary schools and the stage 1 construction of two Secondary Schools with additional construction subject to further funding.
Construction of the 11 schools is to be completed in time for their opening at the beginning of Term 1, 2021.
The VSBA will deliver these new schools in 3 ‘bundles’ using a ‘design and construct’ procurement model. The VSBA has applied a template design to the bundled projects. Further to these template designs, the scope of these projects includes an Early Learning Centre (ELC) at Eynesbury Station P-6 and Supported Inclusion Hubs at Greenvale North West P-6, Wollahra P-6 and Cranbourne West 7-12.
The bundles are as follows:
- Bundle 1: Eynesbury Station P-6, Edgars Creek P-6, Greenvale North West P-6;
- Bundle 2: Merrifield West P-6, Rockbank North P-6, Truganina South East P-6, Wollahra P-6;
- Bundle 3: Pakenham Henry Road 7-12 – Stage 1, Cranbourne West 7-12 – Stage 1, Thoroughbred P-6, Timbertop P-6.
In addition to these 11 new schools, the VSBA will deliver a number of additional schools via separate projects outside of the NS2021 program.
The project is currently in the design phase with the commencement of construction estimated towards the end of 2019 with practical completion estimated late 2020.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Package listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to the relevant Respondent.
- It will then be the responsibility of the relevant Respondent to make direct contact with your company.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.