About the Project
The Victorian Heart Hospital Project will see the construction of Australia’s first Cardiac Specific Heart Hospital. Located in Clayton on the Monash University Campus the completed hospital will see a structure consisting of 3 Operating Theatres, 206 beds, 10 Catheterisation Laboratories. The new Hospital will also include car and bicycle parking for patients. Upon completion the Victorian Heart Hospital will provide annually:
- 2,150 Cardiac surgery operations
- 10,000 Interventional cardiac catheterisation laboratory procedures
- 3,000 cardiac rhythm laboratory procedures
- 8500+ cardiac computed tomography (CT) scans and 2800 cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans
- 48,000 clinic/tele-medicine consultations and 60,000 consulting room consultations
- 28,300 cardiac emergency department presentations
Works will commence in the middle of 2019 with a forecast completion date in late 2022.
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) (‘The Principal’) has appointed John Holland as the Managing Contractor to manage the design and construction of building the Victorian Heart Hospital on the Monash University Clayton Campus.
The scope of the project includes:
- Major road works on Blackburn Road
- Site contouring and basement excavation
- Hydraulic, electrical, mechanical and fire protection building services
- Vertical transport
- Structural steel, roofing
- Façade and cladding
- Internal fit out (partitions & ceilings, joinery, floor finishes, painting etc)
- Fixtures, fittings and equipment
- Commercial kitchen, laboratories and specialist equipment
The works packages listed on this page are for the purpose of providing companies with the opportunity to express their interest in any of the future packages of work, this page does not contain an invitation to tender.
Generally unless a work package is clearly identified to be for partial scope (i.e. supply only or install only) or identified to have separate optional components, all work packages are for the full scope.
Compliance with the Building Code
The Victorian Heart Hospital Project operates under the Code for Tendering and Performance of Building Work 2016 (Building Code). Companies registering an expression of interest (EOI) must complete and attach with their expression of interest the Declaration of Compliance with the Building Code. Furthermore compliance with the Building Code is an ongoing condition of both tendering and performing any works on the Project.
The Building Code Declaration form 'JH-APP-HRT-002-06 DECLARATION OF COMPLIANCE.docx' can be downloaded from the Project Documents section below.
Expressions of interest registered without the Building Code Declaration will not be selected for further consideration.
The pre-qualification questionnaire to be completed by your company to lodge a valid expression of interest will be used by John Holland to evaluate expressions of interest. The questionnaire is intended to provide an overall picture of the size and history of your company and the accuracy and completeness of responses provided by your company will help John Holland to determine the suitability of your company to the work package and the project generally. An incomplete pre-qualification questionnaire may mean that your company cannot be selected for further consideration.
If your company is selected to be invited to tender for a work package, you will be requested to provide further and more detailed information about your company and the methodology your company proposes to bring to the Project.
Before deciding whether or not to register your company’s interest, you should take note of the following requirements which companies must respond to in the pre-qualification and will form part of the conditions of tender if your company is selected to be invited to tender:
- Local Jobs First (Victorian Industry Participation Policy)
- Major Projects Skills Guarantee
- Aboriginal Employment Target
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an EOI for the Work Package/s listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- John Holland will be provided with your detailed company profile outlining capabilities to supply into the project. It will then be the responsibility of John Holland to make direct contact with your company.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance are available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN network - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.