About the Project
The Suburban Roads Upgrade Program presents an outstanding opportunity to transform Melbourne’s outer suburban arterial road network by addressing infrastructure needs generated by rapid land use change.
Following on from the Western Roads Upgrade awarded in December 2017, the South-Eastern Roads Upgrade Project and the Northern Roads Upgrade Project are being procured as two separate Public Private Partnerships.
The Northern Roads Upgrade Project will combine duplication and upgrade works to six northern arterial roads including:
- Childs Road, from Beaumont Crescent to Prince of Wales Avenue, Mill Park;
- Sunbury Road, from Bulla-Diggers Rest Road to Powlett Street, Sunbury;
- Epping Road, from Craigieburn Road East to Memorial Avenue, Epping;
- Bridge Inn Road, from Plenty Road to Yan Yean Road, Doreen;
- Craigieburn Road, from Mickleham Road to the Hume Highway, Craigieburn; and
- Fitzsimons Lane intersection upgrades in Eltham and Templestowe, and Leane Drive in Eltham.
Rectification works will also be required on a number of bridge structures.
Construction is expected to begin from 2020, and be completed in 2025.
To ensure the network is maintained to a high standard, the project incorporates a 20-year rehabilitation and maintenance contract for 710 lane kilometres of arterial road network in the North. This will include a broad range of road maintenance functions covering cyclic, routine and reactive works.
The Plenary Roads Consortium comprises Plenary Group, Salini Impregilo, and Amey/Broadspectrum JV.
During the current bid phase of the project, Plenary Roads is seeking to engage with local suppliers and subcontractors who understand delivery in the local context, bring strong local relationships, and are committed to industry, workforce and social sustainability.
We encourage local suppliers, contractors and social enterprises to register an Expression of Interest using the link below where their products and services align with the below scope of works:
1. Initial Capital Works
We are seeking expressions of interest from subcontractors and suppliers familiar with the local road construction market (including structures), both greenfield and brownfield.
2. Rehabilitation and Maintenance Work
Rehabilitation and lifecycle works on road pavements, structures and road related assets (drainage, signs, guard-fence etc) to meet defined handback criteria.
Routine, Cyclic and Reactive maintenance activities as defined in VicRoads Section 750PPP to maintain the networks in a safe and serviceable condition for road users.
Meet Plenary Roads
ICN and Plenary Roads will be running an event on Wednesday 5 June 2019 for interested suppliers, contractors and registered social enterprises. Please join this free event to learn more about the project and meet the team.
Date: Wednesday 5 June 2019
Time: 4:00pm – 6:00pm
Venue: Hume Global Learning Centre - Broadmeadows
1093 Pascoe Vale Road, Broadmeadows VIC 3047
>> CLICK HERE << to register for the event.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Packages listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- The Plenary Roads Consortium will be provided with your detailed company profile outlining capabilities to supply into the project. It will then be the responsibility of The Plenary Roads Consortium to make direct contact with your company.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance are available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN network - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.