About the Project
The City of Greater Geelong (CoGG) is in the process of engaging a Developer and Design team for the development of its new civic accommodation building and precint incorporating:
- the design, construction and commissioning of at least 10,000m2 of GIA (and no less than 8,500m2 of NLA) of office space and customer service facilities for the City’s civic administration accommodation including at least 300m2 GLAR of activated street level space (Civic Accommodation) and public realm (Public Realm) to a high construction and design standard;
- provision of an option for future use by the City of up to a further 5,000m2 GIA of office space (being no less than 4,250 m2 of NLA);
- 120 car parks; and
- innovative approaches to activating this prominent site, including through co-located Commercial Developments or Community Developments, where suitable and appropriate.
Council Policy Requirements
The City is a partner of the buy local and social procurement initiative.
As part of this initiative, the City seeks to engage with local suppliers who can support the following economic and social sustainability considerations:
- GROW (G21 Region Opportunities for Work);
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander engagement;
- Apprentices and/or Trainees;
- Environmental Considerations (Recycled);
- Clever and Creative; and
Indicative Project Timings*
Preferred Tenderer selected - 27 August 2019
Contract Close - Q4 2019
Financial Close - Q4 2019
Completion of construction (including fit out) - 31 March 2022
*The City reserves the right to amend the timetables outlined above at any stage.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Packages listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- The CoGG will be provided with your detailed company profile outlining capabilities to supply into the project. It will then be the responsibility of the CoGG to make direct contact with your company.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance are available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN network - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.