Tiwi Partners is a 50/50 joint venture between the highly progressive Tiwi Islanders, and Sitzler; one of Australia’s most highly regarded construction companies.
With an aim to deliver world class construction projects and truly develop the prospects of the Tiwi, in 2016, Pirntubula, a company formed by the Tiwi Traditional Owners, called for tenders from private enterprise to join them in competing for work on the mainland.
From the six submissions received, Pirntubula chose to partner with Sitzler Pty Ltd and the joint venture entity Tiwi Partners was established.
Sitzler originated in Alice Springs in 1957, later expanding operations to Darwin in 1976, Adelaide in 2002 and North West WA in 2014, maintaining at all times a reputation for delivering quality projects in an environmentally and socially conscious manner. Sitzler have partnered seamlessly with the Tiwi Traditional Owners to successfully deliver projects across multiple industry sectors, with a strong and continual stream of successful projects implemented for our major Commonwealth client Department of Defence.
The Tiwi Islands have a long-standing connection with Australian Defence, beginning with Tiwi man, Matthias Ulungura’s capture of the first POW on Australian soil on Bathurst Island in 1942 and continuing today with proud participation in NORFORCE.
Tiwi Partners has built on the construction and business experience of Sitzler to deliver projects, likewise the Tiwi Traditional Owners continue to provide, grow and support local indigenous project team members, the arrangement ultimately providing a cohesive delivery model which goes beyond traditional arrangements.
Since inception in 2016, Tiwi Partners has been awarded 20 projects with values up to $45M across the Northern Territory, South Australia and Western Australia, and have quickly developed a standalone reputation for collaborative relationships and quality outcomes.
Tiwi Partners currently operate under the Sitzler Integrated Management System which is certified and accredited to the following national and international standards:
- OHSAS 18001, Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems
- AS/NZS 4801, Occupational Health and Safety System
- AS/NZS ISO 14001, Environmental Management System
- AS/NZS ISO 9001, Quality Management System
- Office of the Federal Safety Commission OHS Accreditation Scheme
Tiwi Partners strive to:
- Collaboratively deliver high quality projects utilising our highly experienced team members
- Create new opportunities both on the Tiwi Islands and on the Australian mainland
- Grow the Tiwi Community Benefit Fund in further developing health, education and scholarship programs
- Drive long-term and sustainable investment opportunities for the Tiwi Islands
- Inspire Australia’s wider Indigenous community to explore opportunities in the construction industry
By choosing Tiwi Partners, your projects will benefit from:
- A collaborative and professional team who will be hands on throughout the delivery of your project
- Delivery which exceeds expected project outcomes
- Open, honest and ethical interactions on every occasion
Sub-contractors and suppliers form an integral part of every delivery. When subcontracting to Tiwi Partners you will receive:
- A focused and collaborative team approach
- High site morale fostered by our delivery teams and contributed to by your staff
- Payment on time, every time
- Interaction with project teams who understand the importance of our subcontractors and suppliers commercial viability
A list of our current tenders and projects are listed below. Please register your interest where applicable or call us on 1800 957 060.
For more information and case studies please visit www.tiwipartners.com.au
Tiwi Partners is a Supply Nation registered Indigenous Business Enterprise (IBE).
Pirntubula Pty Ltd and Sitzler Pty Ltd trading as Tiwi Partners is a Building Code 2016 covered entity.SHOW LESS