The Alfred Hospital Urgent Infrastructure Works
The Alfred Hospital is a major tertiary referral and teaching hospital which was founded in 1871. It is the oldest Melbourne hospital operating from its original site, and one of its busiest.
Funding of $69.5 million was provided in the 2018/19 State Budget to upgrade essential engineering services in the Main Ward Block at the Alfred Hospital.
The works will improve the patient experience and includes the full refurbishment of five inpatient wards, the upgrade of engineering infrastructure in these wards, particularly related to fire safety, and removal of hazardous materials including asbestos, providing a safer environment for patients, visitors and staff. To enable these works, the fit-out of various decanting spaces is required to ensure there is no loss of bed capacity during the works.
The project has commenced and is currently in the design phase. Works will be progressively tendered from 2019 to 2021/22. Works are targeted for completion by mid-2023.
The level of Local Content has been set at 92%
PLEASE NOTE: this is NOT an EOI for the selection of the Head Contractor for this Project as the Victorian Health and Human Services Building Authority (VHHSBA) will be conducting that process. However, potential sub-contractors, suppliers and trades with a demonstrated capability to work with Head Contractors are encouraged to express interest, as details will be provided to prospective Head Contractors which will be shortlisted by VHHSBA through a separate EOI process.
If you have a product and/or service that you believe could be used, then please provide an EOI as below.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- To submit an initial EOI, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to Construction Companies who are short listed to bid for this Project.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complementing a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.