Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) has appointed John Holland Pty Ltd (John Holland) to construct the new Batemans Bay Bridge over the Clyde River.
The Project will provide better traffic conditions for road traffic on the Princes Hwy by duplicating the crossing from a 2 lane existing bridge to a 4 lane new bridge.
The Project consists of the construction of a new bridge over the Clyde River at Batemans Bay and associated roadworks.
- Utility diversions to enable roadworks and bridgeworks
- Road diversions to enable abutment construction
- Construction of a new bridge on Northern side of Existing
- Upgrade to existing round a bouts on Eastern side of Clyde River (Old Punt Rd and Princes Hwy)
- Demolition of existing bridge once new bridge is completed and operational
- Establishment of a precast yard in Mogo for the casting of segments near Batemans Bay Bridge
The process for procurement involves:
- A package is issued to tenderers containing relevant documents for pricing and a closing date for when tenders are to be submitted by.
- Tenderers submit their pricing and documentation before the closing date and the John Holland team reviews all tenders received.
- Tenderers that offer competitive proposals are called or invited to the Batemans Bay Bridge Site Office for a meeting.
- Once a tenderer has been chosen, John Holland issues out a contract and any other relevant documentation to be completed before work can commence.
- Tenderers are required to attend a site induction for a few hours prior to commencing any on-site work.
Capability Statements will be highly preferred.