Murray River Crossing Echuca-Moama Bridge Project
Echuca in Victoria and Moama in New South Wales are connected by a single Murray River Bridge that was built in 1878. Major Road Projects Victoria, NSW Roads and Maritime Services, are building a new bridge to connect the Murray Valley Highway and Warren Street at Echuca with the Cobb Highway at Perricoota Road in Moama.
The project will be constructed in four stages:
- Stage 1: Murray Valley Highway/ Warren Street roundabout – complete
- Stage 2: Warren Street upgrades – construction underway
- Stage 3: Main Bridge crossing (over the Campaspe and Murray River) – currently being tendered
- Stage 4: Upgrades to the Cobb Highway, Meninya Street and Perricoota Road intersections – construction commencing 2019.
The Echuca-Moama Bridge is jointly funded by the Australian, Victorian and New South Wales governments. Stage 3 of the Project is being delivered by Major Road Projects Victoria.
Project award: mid-2019
Stage 3 construction starts: mid-to late 2019
RiverConnects is a consortium that consists of ACCIONA Construction Australia, Arup, Aurecon and Ace Contractors. RiverConnects is one of is one of three consortia shortlisted for the opportunity to tender the works for stage 3 of the Echuca-Moama Bridge Project. During the bid phase of the project, RiverConnects are seeking to engage with capable, local suppliers/subcontractors of:
- Barriers / Railing
- Bridge works
- Concrete both supply and supply/install
- Earthworks including landscaping
- Environmental Work
- Pavements including line marking
- Plant Hire and transport
- Precast Works both supply and supply/install
- Roadworks including traffic management
- Site Accommodation
- Steelwork both supply and supply/install
- Timber supply
RiverConnects is committed to providing full, fair and reasonable opportunity for capable local industry to participate across its supply chain opportunities and reflect our commitment to local industry participation and local content.
Local Industry Participation Opportunity – ‘Meet RiverConnects’
RiverConnects, together with ICN, are committed to providing full, fair and reasonable opportunity for capable local industry to participate across its supply chain opportunities and reflect the project teams’ commitment to both local and social industry participation.
ICN along with RiverConnects and ACCIONA will be running an event on February 5th in Echuca. Come along to this free event to meet the RiverConnects and ACCIONA teams to find out about their requirements for local projects and understand how they are building supply chain capability.
Date: Tuesday 5th February 2019
Time: 3:30pm – 6:00pm
Venue: Mercure Port of Echuca Hotel, 465 High St, Echuca VIC 3564
>> CLICK HERE << to register for the event.
Registration will open at 3:30pm with the first presentation starting at 4:00pm.
Important notes about event registration:
- Event registration closes when maximum capacity is reached or by Sunday 3rd February 2019 at 5:00pm (whichever is sooner).
- Please ensure you reserve your place by registering through the event registration web link provided above. Sending an Expression of Interest on the work package listed below does not constitute registration for the event.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Packages listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- RiverConnects will be provided with your detailed company profile outlining capabilities to supply into the project. It will then be the responsibility of RiverConnects to make direct contact with the company.
- As ICN Victoria becomes engaged on individual Work Packages of the 'Murray River Crossing Echuca-Moama Bridge Project', project specific EOIs may need to be submitted
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance are available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN network - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email Notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.