Tweed Valley Hospital Development
Project at a glance
As one of Australia's top construction companies, Lendlease are recognised for market leading project management, design and construction services. We love a challenge and solving problems. Our clients come to us when it's important: to handle complexity, drive delivery, offer strategic and long term value, and to create innovative solutions.
Lendlease's vision is to create the best places, a place that leaves a positive legacy and inspires and enriches the lives of people. Integration and participation of the communities where we operate is one of our key objectives.
At Lendlease we are proud to be at the forefront of delivering award-winning healthcare services to Australians now, and well into the future.
Further information about Lendlease can be found at the website:https://www.lendlease.com/au/
The Tweed Valley Hospital will be the major referral hospital for the Tweed-Byron communities and will form the core of the region's network of hospital and community health centres.
The vision for the Project is to deliver a life-changing healthcare solution for the Tweed-Byron region. The Project consists of:
- Delivery of a new major referral hospital to provide the health services required to meet the needs of the growing population of the Tweed-Byron region, in conjunction with the other hospitals and community health centres across the region.
- Master planning for additional health, education, training and research facilities necessary to support these health services, which will be developed with service partners over time.
- Delivery of the supporting infrastructure required for the new hospital, including greenspace and other amenity spaces, campus roads and car parking, external road upgrades and connections, utilities connections, and other site infrastructure.
The new hospital will deliver:
- additional inpatient capacity
- an expanded emergency department
- enhanced surgical and ambulatory care services
- diagnostic and interventional cardiology
- an integrated cancer care service, including radiotherapy services
For more information please visit the project website: http://www.tweedvalleyhospital.health.nsw.gov.au/
Construction of the hospital
The new Tweed Valley Hospital will be delivered in two stages. The Early Works stage was completed in late 2020 and included earthworks, installation of infrastructure services, civil works and foundations. The Main Works stage comprises the construction of the main hospital building and commenced in early 2021.
Lendlease worked with local subcontractors and suppliers to actively encourage participation in the tender process for Main Works packages.
With construction of the main hospital buildings now underway, Lendlease will award packages progressively as activity ramps up. Please find below the status of the construction packages and the contact details of successful subcontractors. For employment opportunities on the project, please contact the successful subcontractor for your discipline.