The Kane Nicholson Joint Venture is a joint venture between Kane Constructions and Nicholson Construction. Kane Nicholson JV is the successful Contractor awarded the Ballarat GovHub Project by Development Victoria. Kane and Nicholson are both award-winning construction firms accredited to international standards and Nicholson is a fourth generation Ballarat construction company.
The GovHub is a new government office to be located at the redeveloped Civic Hall site in the heart of Ballarat. The Victorian Government's $100 million development will see the site transformed into a state-of-the-art integrated workplace.
Ballarat GovHub will be home to up to 1000 government employees, including 600 public sector positions being relocated from Melbourne consolidated with 400 new Ballarat-based positions.
The GovHub design includes:
- An active ground floor with spaces for commercial/retail and public use
- A new glassed conservatory and a reconstructed lower hall space
- A new civic plaza on Mair Street and a central plaza that will connect the GovHub, Civic Hall and the library
- Five storeys of office space
- Basement carparking and end-of-trip facilities to encourage walking and cycling
Some of the main base build trade packages that will be involved in this project include a CFA Piling retention system, concrete works for the two storey basement and ground slab, CLT and LVL structural slabs and columns for office floors, Structural Steel roof and façade structure, blockwork walls and feature façade brickwork, zinc roof and façade cladding, glazed curtain wall façade, and more.
Development Victoria is managing the delivery of the project on behalf of the Victorian Government, in partnership with Regional Development Victoria, the Department of Premier and Cabinet and Ballarat City Council.
The Project has been awarded to the Kane Nicholson JV and work is due to commence on site in early January 2019 and be completed in 2020.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- To submit an initial EOI, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to the Kane Nicholson JV who are the selected contractor.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complementing a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.