Chisholm Road Prison Project
Chisholm Road Prison Project
The Victorian Government has awarded this contract to John Holland.
Details of the next stage can be found by clicking through Associated Opportunities section below.
The Victorian Government is building a new maximum security prison in the vicinity of the existing Prison Precinct which includes Barwon Prison and Marngoneet Correctional Centre.
Known as the Chisholm Road Prison Project, the delivery of the new maximum security prison is a part of ongoing planning to ensure the prison system is safe, secure and well-equipped to meet demand.
The project is being led by the Community Safety Building Authority (CSBA), with John Holland as the Managing Contractor.
CSBA provide the end-to-end project management and delivery of Victoria’s new prisons, youth justice centres, court and custody facilities, emergency services facilities and public safety features such as pedestrian walkway bollards and CCTV networks.
As well as delivering new infrastructure, the CSBA also modernises, expands and upgrades existing facilities.
Corrections Victoria will manage the new prison once it is operational.
Providing a new maximum security facility is an essential part of the government’s commitment to improving community safety.
The new maximum security prison is being built in the Barwon South West Region in the outer-Geelong suburb of Lara, in the vicinity of the existing prison precinct which includes Barwon Prison and Marngoneet Correctional Centre.
The location was identified as a good option due to existing infrastructure such as road and public transport links and the proximity to local courts.
The new prison will:
- accommodate 1248 prisoners
- play a key role in planning for increases in the prison population
- create more than 650 ongoing jobs
- support up to 900 direct and indirect jobs across the steel, manufacturing, construction, engineering and other sectors during construction
- deliver an estimated economic benefit of $173 million to the Greater Geelong Region during the construction phase.
Construction is set to start in late 2019 with the facility expected to be operational in 2022.
92% Local Content target.
Major Project Skills Guarantee (MPSG)
10% apprentices, trainees and engineering cadets target
Social Procurement Initiatives
The following targets have been agreed on for the Chisholm Road Prison Project:
- $16.3 million in social procurement activity
- 4% Aboriginal employment target (based on works’ total estimate labour hours)
This is NOT an EOI process for the main contractor of the Chisholm Road Prison Project as that process will be carried out by Department of Justice and Regulation.
However if you are have a product and/or service that you believe could be used, then please provide an EOI as below.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Package listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to John Holland.
- It will then be the responsibility of John Holland to make direct contact with the company.
- As ICN Victoria becomes engaged on individual Work Packages of the 'Chisholm Road Prison Project', project specific EOIs may need to be submitted
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email Notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.
Project at a glance
Regional Manager Barwon Region