State Netball and Hockey Centre Redevelopment
The $64.6 million State Netball and Hockey Centre (SNHC) redevelopment is the centrepiece of the Victorian Government’s record investment in women’s sport.
The SNHC project provides more opportunities for women of all ages to get active and strive for the best, on and off the courts.
The upgrade will cement Parkville as the home for netball and hockey in Victoria, with the upgrade of the existing outdoor netball courts with six new indoor netball courts, a new indoor hockey facility, a high-performance strength and conditioning gym, a new home for sporting bodies, Netball Victoria and Hockey Victoria, and facilitate existing amenity and infrastructure upgrades.
The redevelopment will also establish the Women in Sport Leadership Centre, which will kick start initiatives to drive cultural change and grow female leadership in sport.
The SNHC will cater for international elite athletes and competition as well as being a hub for athlete development, major sport programs, sector education programs, community activity and sports administration.
The $64.6 million SNHC project will deliver the following:
- 6 new indoor netball courts to replace the current 4 outdoor courts, bringing the total number of usable netball courts to 11
- A new indoor hockey facility to support the new and emerging sport of indoor hockey
- A high-performance strength and conditioning gym
- The Women in Sport Leadership Centre
- Sports House 2 - modelled on 'Sports House' at the Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre, and providing a home for the peak sporting bodies Netball Victoria and Hockey Victoria
- Upgrades to amenity and infrastructure including: the development of a new front entrance, providing for improved circulation and improving access to local public transport.
The Women in Sport Leadership Centre aims to redress the imbalance in the number of women in leadership roles in the sport and active recreation sector and allow women and girls to participate and perform at a high level both on and off the field.
The new facilities will be developed within the existing boundary of the Centre.
The minimum level of local content set for this project is 91% (subject to final Ministerial approval) and will maximise the use of locally milled steel fabricated products where possible
Construction and Design has commenced and will conclude in mid to late 2020.
This is NOT an EOI process for the Head Contractor for the project as that process has been conducted by the delivery agency, Development Victoria.
However if you have a product and/or service that you believe could be used in the delivery of this project, please provide an EOI as outlined below.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Package listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to potential bidders for this project.
- Bidders for this project will be provided with your detailed company profile outlining capabilities to supply into the project. It will then be the responsibility of the bidder to make direct contact with the company.
- As ICN Victoria becomes engaged on individual Work Packages of the 'State Netball and Hockey Centre Redevelopment Project', project specific EOIs may need to be submitted
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email Notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities