About Toll Remote Logistics
Toll Remote Logistics (TRL) has been contracted as the Fourth Party Logistics (4PL) service provider to source, procure and supply a range of Defence commodities across Australia. Toll Remote Logistics is part of Toll Group, with over 125 years’ experience, operating an extensive global logistics network across 1,200 locations in more than 50 countries. Its 40,000 employees provide a diverse range of transport and logistics solutions covering road, air, sea and rail to help its customers best meet their global supply chain needs.
About the Project
Toll Remote Logistics’ 4PL contract will support the Australian Department of Defence’s Commodity Reform Program (CRP) and is consistent with recommendations from the First Principles Review (2015) and Defence Industry Policy Statement (2016). Under Toll Remote Logistics’ 4PL contract, Defence is seeking:
- To reduce the cost of ownership for commodities across the Defence supply chain by utilising ‘Smart Buyer’ principles
- To implement a business model that simplifies the procurement, delivery and management of Defence commodities
- Only goods are in scope for this project. There are no services in scope.
The commodities to be sourced by Toll Remote Logistics are primarily for Defence's Land Systems Division and cover categories including Vehicle Components, Electrical Supplies, Batteries, Tyres, Tools, Hardware, Containers, Cleaning Products and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). A complete list of the 50+ commodity groups to be sourced is included in the PDF listed under the 'Project Documents' section of this page. The sourcing of items for each commodity group will be phased in as current inventory held by Defence is consumed and/or new items of supply are required.
Currently, excluded from this program are the categories listed below:
- Defence classified rotable and principal items
- Bulk petroleum, oils and lubricants procured by Defence’s Joint Fuels and Lubricants Agency
- Defence ammunition
- Ration packs and garrison services food products
- Military combat and non-combat uniforms, footwear and accoutrements
- Medical and dental pharmaceuticals and consumables
The initial supplier registrations on the ICN Gateway close on 10th August 2018. For registrations after this date for future potential tranches of commodity items, suppliers should register their interest on the Ariba Supplier Network via the following link: