John Holland has been awarded the Youth Justice Redevelopment Project by the Department of Justice and Regulation. The project is being procured under a Two Stage Managing Contractor Contract. The new Youth Justice Centre in Cherry Creek, west of Werribee, will play a key role in the rehabilitation of young people and children who are offending and improve community safety. It will provide:
- 224 beds for remand and sentenced clients using eight-bedroom accommodation units capable of being securely divided into two groups
- 12-bed secure mental health unit
- Education facilities
- Intensive supervision unit of at least eight beds
- Scope for further expansion within the allocated government-owned site.
Stage 1 - Early Works - Commencement Early Oct 2018
- Construction of access road
- Site establishment and construction of site facilities and carpark
- Other Early Works
Stage 2 - Main Works - Commencement Early 2019
Tender Packages will be assessed based on a multi-stage process which includes the expression of interest stage and the shortlisting stage.
Shortlisting of tenderers will be determined through the evaluation of criteria including safety, quality and environmental management systems, current and historical performances and experiences, capacity to complete the works, financial and risk.
Industry Briefing Session
Suppliers and subcontractors interested in working on the construction of Victoria’s new youth justice centre are encouraged to attend an information session on Tuesday 9 October 2018.
The session, hosted by the Department of Justice and Regulation and managing contractor John Holland, will be of interest to individuals and businesses in Western Metropolitan Melbourne, Barwon, Moorabool and Ballarat regions.
Facilitated by the Industry Capability Network, the session will include upcoming packages and timing of procurement for the project.
Details of the session:
Date: Tuesday 9 October 2018
Time: Registrations at 3:30pm for 4 – 6pm presentation
Location: Encore Event Centre, Main Auditorium, 80 Derrimut Road, Hoppers Crossing, VIC 3029
Event Registration: CLICK HERE
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Package listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to the project owner.
- It will then be the responsibility of the project owner to make direct contact with your company.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.