The Osborne Naval Shipbuilding Precinct (Future Submarine Program) (ONSP(FSP)) Infrastructure Development will provide the necessary build, test, and integration facilities (BTIFI) to design, produce and accept into service a fleet of future submarines (FSM). The project is part of the Commonwealth Government's Naval Shipbuilding Plan announced in May 2017 which sets out the strategic approach to building a long-term, sustainable naval shipbuilding and ship sustainment capability in Australia.
Laing O’Rourke has been awarded the Managing Contractor role for this large scale project and is now requesting Registrations of Interest (ROI) from trade subcontractors interested in participating in this exciting South Australian Project. Delivery Phase works are scheduled to commence in Q1 2019 and be completed in 2026.
The proposed scope of works includes the following:
New building works include:
• Production Workshops
• Platform Land Based Test Facility (PLBTF)
• Combat System Physical Integration Facility (CSPIF)
• Paint workshops
• Raft workshop
• Wharf support buildings
• Shipyard maintenance and utility building
• Canteen and amenities
• FSP building
• On-grade car park and pedestrian bridge over rail
Civil and marine infrastructure includes:
• Piling, bulk earthworks, roads, aprons and hardstands
• Wharf upgrades/extensions
• Power, water, electrical, security and communications infrastructure.
Building refurbishment includes:
Refurbishment of existing buildingsSHOW LESS