The Northern Hospital Inpatient Unit Stage 2 Expansion
With the demand for quality healthcare continuing to rise in Melbourne’s fast-growing northern growth corridor, the Northern Hospital is undergoing a major construction and refurbishment project.
This project will ensure that families have access to first-class health care close to home through the expansion of the existing inpatient tower from three to seven floors, providing three new 32-bed wards accommodating 96 acute inpatient beds, three new operating theatres and theatre recovery spaces, expansion of cardiology services, cath labs and medical imaging, an intensive care unit, a critical care unit, an expanded loading dock, kitchen and other back of house functions.
To deliver this project, the scope of works was divided into early works and main works packages. The early works package commenced construction March 2018, with the main works package due to commence construction in early 2019.
For more information please refer to the Victorian Health and Human Services Building Authority website.
The Department of Health and Human Services will deliver this project in two packages:
- Early works is being delivered through a Construction Management agreement with Built Pty Ltd. Early works construction commenced March 2018.
- Main works is being delivered through a Lump Sum agreement. The building contractor is yet to be appointed with formal tender being released early 2019.
The minimum level of local content set for the main works package is 90%.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Package listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to potential bidders for this project.
- Bidders for this project will be provided with your detailed company profile outlining capabilities to supply into the project. It will then be the responsibility of the bidder to make direct contact with the company.
- As ICN Victoria becomes engaged on individual Work Packages of the 'The Northern Hospital Inpatient Unit Stage 2 Expansion Project', project specific EOIs may need to be submitted
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web link and pdf file listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email Notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.