EPCM: Rio Tinto has appointed WorleyParsons Services Pty Ltd as the projects Engineering, Procurement, Construction Manager (EPCM). All major agreements will be with Rio Tinto directly.
The development of a new iron ore mine and associated rail infrastructure extending from the Koodaideri mine to Rio Tinto’s existing rail network. The project will include the following components;
• A stockyard with associated stackers and reclaimer;
• Train load-out facility;
• A 220kV transmission line connecting to the Yandicoogina transmission line;
• A 220/33kV switchyard;
• Site control systems and communications, fire detection and security;
• A bore field for water supply;
• Non-process infrastructure (administration buildings, workshops, warehouse, explosive storage facility, vehicle wash and fuelling facilities);
• A new airport;
• Accommodation village and temporary construction camps;
• 170km of new railway including rail sidings and junctions;
• Level crossings;
• Rail maintenance track; radio base stations and fibre optic cabling;
• Signalling, communications and asset protection system upgrades; and
• Construction facilities such as laydown areas, haul roads, borrow pits, site offices and construction and potable water sources.
It is a Rio Tinto requirement that standards utilised are either Australian or internationally recognised equivalents, unless otherwise justified due to specific technological, commercial, intellectual property or similar requirements. All requests for proposal (RFP), tender and contract document references will stipulate any standards requirements. In certain circumstances, materials specifications in RTPs may be met by using either Australian or internationally recognised standards. Otherwise it is the project’s intent that standards specified in RTPs do not seek to exclude Australian business from participating in Tier 1 supply opportunities.
Delivery Schedule: Subject to approval, construction of the Project will take approximately three years and provide employment for over 1,600 personnel (at peak).
- The Way We Work – Click here to view document
- Supplier Code of Conduct - Click here to view document
- Rio Tinto Business Integrity Standard - Click here to view document