The investment will unlock a new corridor of opportunity for regional performing arts touring in Gippsland that will benefit both audiences and industry. This development will provide the critical mass needed to realise the development of a vital creative Precinct in the Traralgon CBD that can service Latrobe City. Its programs will be designed to have a positive impact across the Gippsland region and beyond.
The Latrobe Creative Precinct project includes:
- a significant regional performing arts centre housing a multipurpose auditorium of 750 seats and studio of 200 seats with associated front of house and back of house facilities and services;
- outdoor event spaces; Integration of the new facility with the existing Library & Service Centre; and
- a repurposing and remodelling of the existing Latrobe Performing Arts Centre building, so as to facilitate creative industry training and vocational courses.
Planned Procurement Process
Following on from an Early Contractor Involvement process, Latrobe City Council will engage a head contractor to construct the project.
This construction contractor will be responsible for engaging sub-trades, with preference provided to local businesses where the capacity exists.
Latrobe City Council will be directly letting some early works packages, which will be completed via tender under the Latrobe City Council Procurement Policy. These are completed via the e-tender portal:
Indicative Project Timing
Expression of Interest for Head Contractor: Completed
Development of Detailed Design: June - August 2018
Quotes for trade packages: July – August 2018
Tender release: August 2018
Contract commencement: February 2019
Construction completion: June 2020
Social Procurement Target
Latrobe City Council is seeking to utilise as much local content as possible and will be requiring the successful contractor to register Victorian Industry Participation Plans (VIPP) and Local Industry Development Plans (LIDP).
Latrobe City Council has registered the Latrobe Creative Precinct project with the Industry Capability Network (ICN) and is awaiting Government endorsement of key obligations for local content and workforce.
Trades and Supplier Opportunities
Latrobe City Council wishes to maximise local opportunities and asks Trades and Suppliers to register below. This enables your company details to be passed on to potential subcontractors for consideration.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an EOI for the Work Package listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to Latrobe City Council for this project.
- It will then be the responsibility of Latrobe City Council to make direct contact with the company.
- As ICN Victoria becomes engaged on individual Work Packages of the 'Latrobe Creative Precinct', project specific EOIs may need to be submitted.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.