Construction and Trade Opportunities
The Gippsland Hi Tech Innovation Centre will be part of the Gippsland Hi Tech Precinct that will be a centre for research, business incubation, new product development, start up support, and education and training. The project is a partnership between Latrobe City Council, Federation University, Federation Training, Latrobe Valley Authority, and Regional Development Victoria.
The partnership group wishes to maximise opportunities for Australian and New Zealand businesses and are seeking to engage with constructors, trades and suppliers with the following capabilities:
- Civil works
- Door frames
- Hydraulics and fire
- Metal roofing
- Resilient finishes
- Solar panels
- Suspended and flush ceilings
- Timber finishes
- Wall framing
The Precinct will support the growth of local industry and play an important role in supporting the expansion of the region’s growth sectors – health, food and fibre, advanced manufacturing and new energy. It will also create jobs by accelerating technology adoption and attracting new investment in the region, and centralise and connect the research and innovation already taking place.
It will be centred around the physical site on the corner of Monash Way and Princes Drive in Morwell, and will feature an Innovation Centre to be constructed and opened by 2020.
The Centre will incorporate creative and innovative spaces to promote design thinking and practice.
Local Industry Participation
The project’s stakeholders are committed to compliance with the following plans and strategies:
- Victorian Industry Participation Plan (VIPP)
- Major Project Skills Guarantee Compliance Plan
- Workforce Development Plan
- Social Procurement Strategy.
Estimated Project Timings
- End Feb / Early March 2019 – Anticipated Appointment of Head Contractor
- March 2019 – Anticipated construction to commence
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Package listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to the project’s partnership group and awarded head contractor.
- The awarded head contractor will be provided with your detailed company profile outlining capabilities to supply into the project. It will then be the responsibility of the head contractor to make direct contact with your company.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.