About the Project
The $630 million Bendigo Hospital Project is currently the largest regional hospital development in Victoria. Delivering world-class health services incorporating state-of-art design and technology solutions, positioned in a high quality, environmentally-sustainable setting. The hospital offers a tranquil and caring environment for patients, staff and visitors through its integration of health-planning, customer service, architecture, landscaping and superior design.
This dynamic project is a Public Private Partnership (PPP) and is being delivered by Exemplar Health through the Victorian Government's 'Partnerships Victoria' policy. This partnership will be responsible for operating the new Bendigo Hospital facility for 25 years after its opening (successfully opened in early 2017) while also providing a range of support services during this period.
A range of vibrant retail and food outlets are an important aspect of this new hospital's operation and Exemplar Health is requesting your proposal to add to this retail mix through the establishment of a wellness centre. The Wellness centre will incorporate hairdressing and beauty services, and massage, with potential to incorporate further health and wellness services. Importantly, services are to be available to inpatients within the hospital, and are expected to be able to:
- Provide in patient treatments, as well as treatments to the general-public and staff at the hospital. This includes provision to deliver a range of services within inpatient rooms, as well as staff and the general public. The primary location for service delivery will be the Wellness Centre, however, respondents should be very clear about the services and method by which they will provide services as an in-reach to patients within the hospital or broader precinct.
- Provide a central Booking Service for wellness services delivered by the respondent or others such as meditation, yoga, tai chi and exercise – use of additional precinct space such as the concert hall for these types of activity is encouraged
- Work with Exemplar Health and Spotless to enable bookings via the Patient Entertainment System
Services that are appropriate for inclusion are:
- Hairdressing – all services such as cut, colour, treatments, men’s, women’s and children’s services
- Beauty Therapy – facials, other skin treatments, nails, waxing, make-up, retail provision (hair & beauty related)
Additional services within the ‘Wellness’ theme are welcome, however we would expect that it would be provided as a holistic service offering and not through individual subtenancies etc. The operator must take full responsibility for all service provision.
The Request for Proposal Process
Exemplar Health is committed to engaging with Australian & New Zealand suppliers, especially those capable and qualified in Regional Victoria. All potential interested businesses are encouraged to register their interest via this ICN Gateway website in order to be considered.
The Process is summarised in the steps below:
- Businesses need to create and complete an ICN Gateway company profile before being able to submit an initial Expression of Interest (EOI) against the work package listed below. For assistance on how to create a profile, refer to the section 'ICN Gateway Support & Assistance' below.
- Interested respondents complete their initial expression of interest against the work package. Qualifying questions will be asked as part of this step to determine your suitability for the retail provision before being issued with RFP documents.
- ICN assesses initial responses & will issue Request for Proposal (RFP) documents to those that meet minimum criterion of experience etc.
- Returned proposals will be assessed by ICN, Exemplar Health and may be reviewed by representatives from Bendigo Health and DHHS. Subject to reviews by all stakeholders, the clarification and negotiation process, Exemplar Health will determine the successful tenant.
- Exemplar Health will issue offers to final selected proponents.
IMPORTANT: Please note that closing date for final RFP submissions is June 3, 2018.
Please note that prospective tenants will be required to meet certain experience, capability and financial criteria in order to be considered for this significant Victorian Health project. Exemplar Health may re-run the Expression of Interest process, or tender process, if the necessary qualitative and commercial criteria are not satisfied.
Important Note: When completing an initial EOI as described above, all businesses must complete all of the Work Package related questions to enable that Expression of Interest to be submitted successfully.
ICN GATEWAY SUPPORT AND ASSISTANCE
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.