About FRV Services Australia
FRV Services Australia (FRV) is part of the Fotowatio Renewable Ventures group which is a leading global developer and owner of renewable energy assets, having successfully delivered over 1.15GW of renewable projects globally. FRV has been active in Australia since 2010 and was the first company to deliver both a project-financed solar farm (Royalla, ACT) and a solar farm that uses single axis tracking (Moree, NSW). FRV's Clare and Lilyvale solar farms, both located in Queensland and each 100MW capacity, are also currently under construction.
About the Project
FRV are proposing an 85MW solar farm in central north Victoria. Construction of the project is expected to commence in late 2018 and be completed approximately 12 months later.
Winton Solar Farm is located around 25km south-west of Wangaratta, near the town of Winton, in the shire of Benalla. The site covers approximately 250Ha of agricultural land.
The Winton Solar Farm will be connected to the national electricity grid via the existing Glenrowan Terminal Station and will consist of the following infrastructure:
- Solar Panels - Approximately 300,000 solar panels (modules), installed in regular parallel arrays.
- Mounting structures - each panel would be fixed to a metal mounting structure.
- Above ground DC cabling – this is fixed to the mounting structure, connecting each module in strings to combiner boxes.
- Underground AC and DC cabling Power conversion units - inverters, step up transformers and switchgear located within 40ft steel containers or on container skid pads.
- Internal access tracks to allow for light vehicle traffic during maintenance period.
- Perimeter fencing around the site, with an associated security system. Small site office and maintenance shed.
- Temporary infrastructure associated with site construction, including a site construction compound and temporary storage and laydown areas.
- Landscape screening around certain boundaries of the site.
FRV will be using local content to support the delivery of this project wherever possible. We are looking to proactively partner with local suppliers and community groups/stakeholders ahead of the delivery of this project to maximise this opportunity.
Expressions of Interest are currently being sought from suppliers and contractors for work packages including:
- Civil Works
- Electrical Substation Works
- Electrical Works
- Mechanical Installations
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an EOI for the Work Package/s listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to FRV for this project.
- It will then be the responsibility of FRV to make direct contact with your company.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.