The Eden Breakwater Wharf extension project is located at Snug Cove, Port of Eden, NSW, on the NSW/VIC border. Waterway Constructions have been awarded the construction works for a 110m wharf extension and 5 Dolphins, using marine based and land based plant.
Works will be undertaken primarily from crane and supply barges, mostly sourced from Waterway Constructions existing fleet, in addition to onshore cranes, piling equipment, and ancillary construction plant and equipment.
The scope of works awarded to Waterway includes the following:
· Installation of Piles, Pre-cast concrete headstocks and pre-cast concrete deck planks for the main wharf structure.
· Casting of a cast in-situ topping slab to the main wharf structure.
· Installation of piles and fabricated dolphin modules for ship berthing / mooring.
· Installation of fender systems and bollards for ship mooring / berthing.
· Installation of piles and cast in-situ concrete structure for onshore bollards.
· Installation of piping services to the wharf.
· Installation of new fencing and modification of existing fencing to the wharf.
· Removal and capping of existing pipework in the wharf, including the removal of asbestos containing material.
· Installation of new distribution board and electrical services to the wharf.
The works are intended to commence in March 2018, with an expected duration circa 12 months. During this time, works will be undertaken both on site, and at strategically located supply yards off site.
Procurement will commence shortly on some of the supply and labour packages for the project, and Waterway Constructions are looking for expressions of interest for local supply of the following:
· Steel fixers, carpenters and concrete finishers for pre-cast concrete fabrication.
· Boilermakers for steel fabrication works.
· Licensed asbestos removal and disposal companies.
· Steelworks fabrication companies.
· Concrete pumping.
· Site temporary facilities supply e.g. shipping containers, crib rooms and ablutions, temporary fencing etc.
· Civil and Structural Engineering Services and Inspections.
· Waste removal and disposal services, including recycling where applicable.
· Heavy haulage services.
· Crane Supply – Franna and mobile cranes.
· Nautical supplies e.g. rope, marker buoys, navigation lights, chain, light fendering, personal flotation devices and the like.
· Labour – Trades assistants and labourers.
· Weld inspection and NDT services.
· Licenced electricians and electrical supply.
· Plumbers and piping supplies.
· Safety Supplies e.g. PPE.
· Tool and equipment suppliers – Power tools and hand tools.
· Plant and equipment supplies e.g. gen sets, forklifts, compressors, pressure washers.
Expressions of interest for the above services, in addition to any ancillary services not mentioned above, should be made via the ICN network. Waterway Constructions is committed to utilizing local supply where possible, and welcomes expressions of interest from companies interested in supplying quotations for the services stated above.