Gippsland Project Opportunities
Project at a glance
Regional Development Victoria (RDV)
RDV supports regions in achieving investment for jobs, growth, infrastructure delivery and building communities.
Gippsland Project Opportunities Process
- Complete your registration to the "Gippsland Project Opportunities - EOI Updates" work package on this page.
- Registered companies will have their capability presented for early engagement with project owners investing in the region.
- Registered companies will receive updates on upcoming projects and news from the Gippsland region.
As projects commence, express your interest on specific project opportunities through the project links below:
- VicConnect Alliance - Gippsland Line Upgrade Project
- Wonthaggi Hospital Expansion
- Regional Rail Revival
- Star of the South - Offshore Wind Project
- Tasmanian Networks - Project Marinus
- Latrobe Valley Regional Hospital Expansion (Stage 3A)
- Perry Bridge - Solar Farm Project
- Beach Energy - Trefoil Project
- MRPV Construction Panel and Projects
- Wooreen Energy Storage System (WESS)
For further details on the Gippsland Infrastructure Projects Pipeline, please contact Regional Development Victoria on (03) 5116 7300.
ICN Victoria recently hosted an Industry Briefing webinar for the TAFE Gippsland Port of Sale Campus Development. The webinar recording is available here.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an EOI for the Work Package/s listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to RDV and project owners investing in the region.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.
The Star of the South is Australia’s first offshore wind project, proposed to be located off the south coast of Gippsland, Victoria.
The project would provide large-scale, renewable electricity generation to support Victoria’s energy transition, as well as jobs and investment for Victoria.
At 2.2 GW, it would be one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world, generating enough electricity to power up to 1.2 million homes and provide around 20 percent of Victoria’s electricity needs.
The proposed offshore wind farm would transmit electricity via offshore cables and onshore underground transmission cables to an existing terminal station in the Latrobe Valley.
The project is being progressed by a local Victorian-based team with investment from Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners (CIP) – a world leader in offshore wind development.
Major Road Projects Victoria (MRPV) have established a series of Panels of Contractors to deliver on a number of Major Projects which will be released to the Market via the Panel arrangement in Tranches. Each Contractor will be responsible for the Design as well as the Construction elements of each of the Projects and details of the successful Contractor will be posted here when available.
TasNetworks, on behalf of the State of Tasmania and the Australian Government, is progressing investigation into the proposed 1500 megawatt (MW) high voltage direct current (HVDC) electricity interconnector between Tasmania and Victoria, known as ‘Marinus Link’. Marinus Link will be supported by an augmented Tasmanian transmission network as part of the North West Transmission Developments. Collectively, these developments are known as Project Marinus. The Link will also incorporate significant optical fibre capacity, strengthening telecommunications and data connectivity and providing additional route paths between Tasmania and Victoria.
The Trefoil Project seeks to deliver an economically viable concept for the development of the Trefoil field (located in the Bass Basin). The Trefoil Project is in the Define (FEED) phase, looking at defining a subsea development with production to, and control from, the existing Yolla-A platform. The development targets the Trefoil field only in Phase 1, followed by a potential future Phase 2 of the development targeting the White Ibis field.