Wodonga SOL1 Solar Farm
Wodonga SOL1 is a 54MW(AC) solar farm project that will be constructed approximately 20km from Wodonga in Victoria’s north-east.
The AUD$80M project is proposed by Wodonga Solar Power Pty Ltd (WSP), an Australian renewable energy company with strong global skillsets in the design, development, construction and delivery of large scale photovoltaic (PV) solar farm projects and experience in project delivery in Australia.
Established in 2017, WSP was formed by S-Energy of South Korea, a KOSDAQ listed company rated by Bloomberg as the world’s third most bankable solar company, and Heliades Pty Ltd, a Melbourne infrastructure project management consultancy with several years’ experience identifying solar power project opportunities for the Wodonga region of Victoria.
Supported by global engineering firm SNC Lavalin (Power) as EPC and O&M partner, and Deloitte as financial adviser, WSP will construct and connect its solar farm to an AusNet 66Kv substation located south-west of the regional city of Wodonga.
Requiring approximately 14 months to construct, the Wodonga SOL1 project expects to create more than 80 jobs in the Wodonga region, including apprenticeship and training opportunities for young people. Local industry will also benefit from the project with construction and maintenance packages providing contract opportunity for several local companies.
Wodonga Solar is committed to local industry participation and encourages local industry interested in engaging with this project to register an Expression of Interest (EOI) on this ICN Gateway webpage.
Register your company against the work package below and answer the short questionnaire so that:
- Your company profile and questionnaire answers will be provided to Wodonga Solar and the EPC contractor for consideration.
- You will be invited to attend the industry briefing session to hear first hand details of the projects and its opportunities.
Specific EOI work packages are expected to be listed on this webpage later this year when the EPC contractor, SNC Lavalin (Power), is ready to commence works. As some examples, work required for this project will include:
- Surveying & Geotech
- Earth works and site clearing
- Transport companies (moving containers from Melbourne to site)
- Perimeter Fencing
- CCTV Security system and local onsite security during construction
- Unskilled labourers
- Skilled Labour (Electricians)
It is important that businesses submitting an EOI are aware that their submission does not guarantee that they will progress further in the procurement process.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an EOI for the Work Package/s listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- Wodonga Solar will be provided with your detailed company profile outlining capabilities to supply into the project. It will then be the responsibility of Wodonga Solar to make direct contact with your company.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.