Acciona Energy Australia Global Pty Ltd (AEAG), a subsidiary of Acciona Energy International (AEI) is an organisation which develops, builds, operates and maintains renewable energy assets.
In Australia, AEAG has built and operates four wind farms, one in a joint venture. The wind farms include Mt Gellibrand and Waubra in Victoria, Gunning in New South Wales and Cathedral Rocks in South Australia, collectively producing 434.5MW of renewable energy. ACCIONA also constructed a 20MW Royalla Solar Farm in the ACT.
About Mortlake South Wind Farm
Mortlake South Wind Farm is a proposed wind energy project located approximately 5km south of the town of Mortlake within Moyne Shire of South Western Victoria. An updated planning approval was granted on 23rd April 2017 for up to 42 turbines with a maximum tip height of 186m. The project is expected to be completed by October 2020.
The project will deliver significant economic benefits to the region, including the creation of jobs, rates to the local government, rent to participating landowners and a Shared Benefits Program.
The wind farm site involves a number of separate landowners and is located on cleared, open country which is predominantly used for dairy farming.
The project is expected to generate a construction peak workforce of 100 construction jobs and will consist of the following key infrastructure:
- Thirty-five wind turbines, with steel towers at up to 120m height, and overall maximum height of up to 186m.
- 33kc-66kV substations with compound areas of up to 70m x 70m.
- Access tracks – Approximately 26km of access tracks may be required for the project.
- Electrical cabling – underground electrical cabling up to 40km.
- Permanent site facilities – the project will have a range of permanent site facilities including a maintenance and control facility.
- Temporary construction compounds – car parking, storage facilities, site office, amenities, etc.
Local Industry Information Session
Acciona Energy invites all interested local contractors and suppliers to attend an information session to explore opportunities with the Mortlake South Wind Farm Project.
Staff from the Development; Construction and HR teams will be available to provide information on the upcoming work packages and employment opportunities.
Nordex, the supplier and installer of the turbines will also have a representative in attendance.
Date: Wednesday 17 October 2018
Time: 5pm - 7pm
Venue: Mortlake Soldiers Memorial Hall, Shaw Street, Mortlake, VIC 3272
>> EVENT REGISTRATION HERE <<
Expressions of Interest (EOI) Process
AEAG is committed to supporting local industry participation and is encouraging local suppliers and contractors to register with ACCIONA via the ICN Gateway.
This project is expected to require the following work packages:
- Civil works – internal and external roads, concreting, quarries, steel supply, foundations, platforms and environmental restoration
- Inland transportation
- Electrical – Substation, MV reticulation, switchgear, generators, circuit breakers, cables, etc.
- Temporary construction facilities – accommodation, security, waste and recycling, safety testing, fencing, plumbing, etc.
We are happy to hear from smaller suppliers that may only be able to provide partial scope coverage.
Prior to engagement, potential suppliers will be required to complete necessary pre-qualification approval according to the requirements of AEAG. If your company is shortlisted, AEAG will contact you directly to arrange for pre-registration on its Procurement system: Procur-e.
AEAG strongly encourages suppliers to contact ICN in the first instance to gain an understanding of the EOI process and capability development programs.
The project is expected to be completed by August 2020, with construction starting early 2019.
For latest news on the project, please refer to http://www.acciona.com.au/projects/energy/wind-power/mortlake-south-wind-farm/SHOW LESS