About the Program
The $1.57 Regional Rail Revival program is a joint initiative of the Australian and Victorian governments and will upgrade stations, signalling and track across Victoria.
Regional Rail Revival is a once in a generation investment that will deliver major upgrades to every regional passenger line in Victoria and create over 1,000 jobs.
Melbourne Metro Rail Authority (MMRA) is responsible for the planning and implementation of the program on behalf of the State Government of Victoria.
Regional Rail Revival includes the following packages:
Ballarat Line Upgrade ($518 million for Stage 1 and $39 million for Stage 2)
- Ballarat Line Upgrade Stage 1 is already in the procurement phase and being delivered by MMRA. A consortium consisting of Lendlease Engineering, Coleman Rail and SMEC Australia has been selected as the preferred bidder.
- An additional $39 million of funding has been allocated for Stage 2 of the project which includes:
- Signalling upgrades and track improvements
- Developing stabling facilities Ararat stabling
Bendigo Line Upgrade ($91 million)
- Signalling upgrade from Bendigo to Eaglehawk
- Signalling upgrade from Bendigo to Epsom
- Track speed upgrade from Bendigo to Echuca
Geelong Line Upgrade ($110 million)
- Additional platform and pedestrian link at Waurn Ponds station
- Armstrong Creek transit corridor planning
Gippsland Line Upgrade ($435 million for Stage 1 and $95 million for Stage 2)
- Gippsland Line Upgrade Stage 1 includes:
- Level crossing upgrades
- Track duplication between Bunyip and Longwarry
- Additional platform at Bunyip, Longwarry, Morwell and Traralgon stations
- Upgrade drainage at Morwell River
- Track duplication between Traralgon and Morwell
- Track duplication extension near Moe east towards Traralgon
- Extend Morwell crossing loop
- Signalling upgrade and relocating of stabling facilities at Traralgon
- Gippsland Line Upgrade Stage 2 includes:
- Replace the Avon River Bridge
North-East Corridor Upgrade ($140 million)
- Track improvements to Albury / Wodonga
- Donnybrook station upgrade
- Wallan station upgrade
- Supporting infrastructure for new standard gauge trains
Shepparton Freight Network Planning ($10 million)
- Identify infrastructure improvements to enhance freight capacity.
Warrnambool Line Upgrade ($114 million)
- Crossing loop at Boorcan or Weerite
- Signalling upgrade from Waurn Ponds to Warrnambool
- Level crossing upgrades
Further information on the Regional Rail Revival can be found at ballaratlineupgrade.vic.gov.au/regionalrailrevival
Purpose of Expression of Interest (EOI)
The purpose of this EOI is to allow local suppliers and subcontractors who do not satisfy the following criteria to register their interest:
- revenue (in Australia or internationally) for the 2016-17 financial year of greater than of AUD50 million;
- experience of, or be currently involved in, large scale (i.e. greater than AUD50 million rail or civil construction, design or rail signalling contracts; and
- hold VicRoads pre-qualification to minimum F50 financial level based on VicRoads Pre-qualification Scheme for Road and Bridge Construction and Road and Bridge. Design.
Potential respondents' details will then be passed on to potential tendering organisations who satisfy the above criteria.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Package listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to the MMRA for this project.
- As ICN Victoria becomes engaged on individual Work Packages of the project, project specific EOIs may need to be submitted.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN network - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.