The GovHub is a new government office to be located at the redeveloped Civic Hall site in the heart of Ballarat. The Victorian Government's $100 million development will see the site transformed into a state-of-the-art integrated workplace.
Ballarat GovHub will be home to up to 1000 government employees, including 600 public sector positions new to the city, consolidated with 400 existing Ballarat-based positions.
The GovHub design includes:
- An active ground floor with spaces for commercial/retail and public use
- A new glassed conservatory and a reconstructed lower hall space
- A new civic plaza on Mair Street and a central plaza that will connect the GovHub, Civic Hall and the library
- Five storeys of office space
- Basement carparking and end-of-trip facilities to encourage walking and cycling
The primary driver for the Victorian Government’s investment in Ballarat’s Civic Hall precinct and the consolidation of Victorian public sector positions to Ballarat is to ignite and grow the local economy.
The project will deliver a major boost for the construction industry over the two-year build. It is estimated that it will create up to 500 jobs during construction and it drive at least $82 million in construction activity.
Development Victoria is managing the delivery of the project on behalf of the Victorian Government, in partnership with Regional Development Victoria, the Department of Premier and Cabinet and Ballarat City Council.
The project is currently in the concept design phase. Construction is expected to commence in the second half of 2018 and be completed in 2020.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- To submit an initial EOI, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to Development Victoria.
- Development Victoria will be provided with your detailed company profile outlining capabilities to supply into the project. Development Victoria is managing the project on behalf of the Victorian Government. This information will be passed on to companies who tender for the construction contract.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complementing a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.