The Ballarat Line Upgrade is being delivered by the Melbourne Metro Rail Authority (MMRA).
MMRA has some of Australia's most experienced rail experts and is also delivering the Metro Tunnel, Victoria's biggest infrastructure project since the City Loop was built in the 1980s.
Together, the Ballarat Line Upgrade and the Metro Tunnel will enable future electrification of the line to Melton – creating a brand new metropolitan train line into the city.
Following a competitive evaluation process, a consortium comprising Lendlease, Coleman Rail and SMEC has been selected as the construction contractor for the Ballarat Line Upgrade.
These companies have extensive knowledge and experience delivering rail and infrastructure projects including along the Ballarat rail corridor.
About Lendlease Engineering
As a leader in civil infrastructure, Lendlease’s Engineering business has helped deliver some of Australia’s most significant transport and infrastructure projects.
Safety, environmental management and community engagement are always to the fore as we create packaged solutions for clients through services such as development, financing, design and construction.
Lendlease uses a variety of delivery models to suit the specific needs of clients.
About Coleman Rail
Coleman Rail is a construction contractor specialising in Metro, Freight & Heavy Haul and Light Rail infrastructure. We are able to undertake the design & construction of almost all of the individual components that collectively make up the fixed rail infrastructure of a rail network.
We have particular advantages in multi-disciplinary projects and have specialist expertise in the delivery of projects within live rail environments and constrained sites. Our commitment to maximise the works completed by direct labour and hourly hired resources gives our project management teams complete control of the selection of resources applied to the task and the capacity to redirect resources if and when required.
About the Project
The Ballarat Line Upgrade includes:
- duplication of 18 kilometres of track between Deer Park West and Melton
- upgrading Rockbank station and extending platforms, constructing a new pedestrian link between platforms and building a new car park
- additional platforms at Wendouree, Bacchus Marsh and Ballan stations, with new pedestrian links between platforms
- new station at Toolern, between Rockbank and Melton, funded by the Victorian Government’s Growth Area Infrastructure Contribution
- new stabling facilities at Maddingley, and the removal of stabling facilities at Bacchus Marsh
- duplication of three kilometres of track between Bacchus Marsh station and Maddingley stabling facilities
- a new 4.5 kilometre passing loop at Ballan
- track duplication at Wendouree
- a new four kilometre passing loop at Millbrook, making it possible to close the existing Bungaree loop and remove five level crossings.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Packages listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to Lendlease Engineering and Coleman Rail for this project.
- Lendlease Engineering and Coleman Rail will be provided with your detailed company profile outlining capabilities to supply into the project. It will then be the responsibility of Lendlease Engineering and Coleman Rail to make direct contact with you.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.