Cattle Hill Wind Farm is located on the eastern shore of Lake Echo in the Central Highlands of Tasmania.
The project will consist of up to 49 turbines, producing 144 MW of clean renewable electricity. Construction of the project is anticipated to commence in January of 2018 and the wind farm is aimed to become fully operational in 2020.
Cattle Hill Wind Farm will contribute to the Australian Renewable Energy Target of 33,000 gigawatt hours of Australia's energy to come from renewable sources by 2020. The natural terrain and consistent wind speeds in the area significant and the connection to the electricity network is also strong.
A main contractor will be appointed as the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) contractor for the wind farm. Major subcontractors will be appointed for the following work packages:
- design and construction of the civil and electrical balance of plant (onsite roads, foundations, buildings and electrical reticulation)
- logistics, and
- wind turbine installation.
Smaller work packages are available (listed below) to assist with the work packages listed above.
Expressions of Interest (EOI)
Goldwind recognises the ICN gateway as a key tool to identify capability and capacity in the local community and maximise opportunities for local suppliers to participate in the project.
Goldwind is committed to facilitating local sourcing for the project where feasible and encourages local industry interested in supplying to the project to register against a specific work package (listed below).
A database of all suppliers that have registered against work packages will be supplied to the main contractor and major subcontractors for consideration within their procurement process. The main Contractor and major subcontractors may engage suppliers and subcontractors per their usual procurement processes, which may include tendering for specific work packages. Registration of an EOI does not guarantee a supplier will progress further in the procurement process.
Prior to engagement, potential suppliers will be required to complete necessary pre-qualification approval according to the requirements of the hiring company (main contractor or major subcontractor).
Goldwind Australia is a wholly owned subsidiary of Xinjiang Goldwind Science & Technology, a leading vertically integrated global wind power company offering comprehensive wind power solutions.
Goldwind Australia was established in 2009 and offers comprehensive services including R&D, project development, turbine manufacturing, project management and O&M services. Goldwind Australia has two operating wind farms, and large portfolio of wind and solar projects under construction and planned for construction to commence in 2018.
Goldwind Australia strongly encourages suppliers to contact ICN in the first instance to gain an understanding of the EOI process and capability development programs to improve their chances of gaining access to subcontracting opportunities.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Package listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to Goldwind for this project.
- Goldwind will be provided with your detailed company profile outlining capabilities to supply into the project. It will then be the responsibility of Goldwind to make direct contact with the company.
- As ICN Victoria becomes engaged on individual Work Packages of the Cattle Hill Wind Project, project specific EOIs may need to be submitted
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email Notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.