A new visitor centre for Phillip Island's much-loved Penguin Parade is a step closer with the appointment of Terroir as principal architect.
The Andrews Labor Government provided $48.2 million for the development through the Regional Tourism Infrastructure Fund, along with a $10 million contribution from Phillip Island Nature Parks. The new visitor centre will boost the local economy and tourism in regional Victoria, with the creation of 620 new jobs plus an estimated 110 jobs on-site during construction.
It will also restore 6.7 hectares of habitat for the Little Penguin (Eudyptula minor) ensuring that world-leading research can continue in a thriving penguin colony.
Terroir is an architectural firm based in Australia and Denmark with experience in designing complex buildings in internationally significant and sensitive locations, including a large number of projects in regional areas and where local cultural and environmental conditions are central to the project.
Terroir will now commence an extensive consultative process with Phillip Island Nature Parks to ensure that the new Visitor Centre will provide the best facilities for the penguin parade for many years to come.
The new visitor centre is due to open in late 2019.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Package listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to potential bidders for this project.
- Bidders for this project will be provided with your detailed company profile outlining capabilities to supply into the project. It will then be the responsibility of the bidder to make direct contact with the company.
- As ICN Victoria becomes engaged on individual Work Packages of the 'Philip Island Nature Park Visitor Centre Project', project specific EOIs may need to be submitted
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email Notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.