The Macalister Irrigation District is the largest irrigation district in southern Victoria. The district has secure water supplies supplemented by good rainfall, productive soils, a strong dairy sector and developing vegetable and cropping industries. Estimates put annual economic contribution in excess of $500M per year.
Further investment was needed to enable customers to implement best-practice water use and improve farm productivity.
Southern Rural Water is modernising the district through a combination of pipelining, channel automation and regulator upgrades. More than $92M in works are being completed during Phase 1A ($32M) and Phase 1B ($60M). Combined, these two phases will improve availability and service for customers and provide 22,000 Megalitres (22 Gigalitres) of water savings to be made available for irrigation use within the district.
Click here for more information on the project.
The minimum level of local content set for this project is:
- 97% - pipe installation;
- 70% - pipe manufacture; and
- Maximise local steel.
Stage 2.1 Pipeline Installation Works 2018
Tender reference number: SRW-827946
Southern Rural Water is calling for tenders from suitably experienced and resourced contractors for the construction of pipelines for Stage 2.1 of the Southern-Tinamba Modernisation project.
Southern Rural Water intends to let the work as two separate packages.
- Package 1 - Install approx. 1.5km of DN1600 GRP pipe
- Package 2 - Install approx. 1.7km of DN1000 and DN900 GRP
Timing for the works is November and December 2018.
Tenders Close: Friday 26 October 2018 at 4:00pm
Tenders are only available on the Southern Rural Water E-Procurement Portal
Further enquiries to access above tender can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To access specific tenders released by Southern Rural Water, please ensure that you register on the Southern Rural Water E-Procurement Portal.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN network - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.