Melbourne Metro Rail - Rail Infrastructure Alliance (RIA)
The Rail Infrastucture Alliance (RIA) Project is crucial to the overall delivery and success of the Metro Tunnel Project and is responsible for delivery of scope that will support Day-1 operations of the Metro Tunnel. The RIA Works primarily comprise the Portal works to connect the new rail tunnel to the existing surface network in order to create the new Sunshine-Dandenong Line and additional track, power, wayside signalling and OHLE works on the new Sunshine-Dandenong Line. This work will require significant interface with the RSA and Tunnel and Stations PPP Work Packages..
Key scope will include:
- the decline structure and cut and cover tunnel works at the Eastern Portal;
- rebuild of the William Street bridge and the installation of a new Osborne Street bridge as part of the Eastern Portal works;
- corridor widening and modifications to existing rail and urban infrastructure to integrate the Eastern Portal connection to the existing Dandenong corridor between South Yarra and Hawksburn stations;
- public realm and landscaping works in the vicinity of the Eastern Portal;
- works between South Yarra and Caulfield stations to provide crossovers and other facilities to support service robustness, degraded mode operations and maintenance access, as well as potential improvements to passenger interchange capacity at certain locations;
- Oakleigh hot standby and drivers amenities buildings;
- installation of HCS wayside equipment between Caulfield station and the Eastern Portal;
- signalling headway improvement works on the Frankston Line between Caulfield station and Richmond station;
- construction of the decline structure and cut and cover section which will interface with a TBM retrieval shaft to be constructed by the Tunnel and Stations PPP at the Western Portal;
- corridor widening and modifications to existing rail and urban infrastructure to integrate the Western Portal connect to the existing main suburban lines near South Kensington;
- works between Tottenham station and Footscray station to provide rail crossovers and other facilities to support service robustness, degraded mode operations and rail maintenance access, as well as potential improvements to passenger interchange capacity at certain locations;
- an additional platform and associated lift and ramp alterations at West Footscray station as part of the turnback and hot standby facility;
- track slews and siding modifications at Tottenham Freight Yard and the adjacent down Independent Goods line (VLine infrastructure);
- installation of HCS wayside equipment between Tottenham station and the Western Portal;
- OHLE power works required to integrate the tunnel with the existing surface traction power network at the Portals; and
- other civil and signalling works on the existing Sunbury Line to support the RIA Works and the Day-1 operational requirements for the Metro Tunnel.
The completion of these works are critical to achieving Day-1 Metro Tunnel operations.
Melbourne Metro Rail Authority | Project Website
Indicative Project Timing
Construction due to commence in 2019.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Package listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to potential bidders for this project.
- Bidders for this project will be provided with your detailed company profile outlining capabilities to supply into the project. It will then be the responsibility of the bidder to make direct contact with the company.
- As ICN Victoria becomes engaged on individual Work Packages of the 'Metro Tunnel Project - Rail Infrastructure Alliance', project specific EOIs may need to be submitted
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email Notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.