CPBJH JV - West Gate Tunnel Project
The West Gate Tunnel Project will deliver a vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge, providing a much needed second river crossing facilitating quicker and safer journeys. It will provide an alternative route from the West Gate Freeway to the CBD and will slash congestion and travel times.
The West Gate Tunnel Project is a partnership between the Victorian Government and Transurban and will be built by construction contractors CPB Contractors and John Holland (CPBJH JV).
Construction is underway and the West Gate Tunnel project will be built over five years from 2018 until 2022.
The West Gate Tunnel Project will:
- Give people a choice – the tunnel or the bridge.
- Extend Wurundjeri Way to provide a city bypass.
- Remove over 9,000 trucks from local streets and enable 24 hour truck bans in six local roads.
- Create 6,000 jobs.
- Construct new twin tunnels under Yarraville.
- Build a bridge over the Maribyrnong River providing a second river crossing that joins an elevated road along Footscray Road.
- Provide 9 hectares of new public open space including parkland and wetlands.
- Widen the West Gate Freeway from 8 to 12 lanes.
- Build more than 9 kilometres of new and improved noise walls along the West Gate Freeway, making it quieter at houses, parks and sport fields.
- Complete the missing link in the Federation Trail.
- Upgrade major cycling and walking paths including the Kororoit Creek and provide safer off-road cycling paths.
The Victorian Government is committed to maximising the job and economic benefits generated by the project for local businesses.
The West Gate Tunnel Project wish to maximise opportunities for competitive Australian and New Zealand (ANZ) businesses and has submitted a local industry development plan (LIDP) for this project.
CPBJH JV are committed to compliance with the following CPBJH JV Plans and strategies:
- Victorian Industry Participation Plan (VIPP)
- Major Project Skills Guarantee Compliance Plan
- Workforce Development Plan
- Social Procurement Strategy.
By registering an Expression of Interest (EOI) with ICN, businesses have the opportunity to be considered for this major project.
Individuals looking for employment with the CPBJH JV project team should register their interest on the links below:
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an initial EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Package listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- All companies who submit an initial EOI will be included in information presented to the project owner who may require that you follow a detailed EOI process through Felix.
- It will then be the responsibility of the project owner to make direct contact with your company.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email Notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to ICN News and Updates, Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.
Project at a glance