West Gate Tunnel Project
About CPB Contractors and John Holland Joint Venture (CPBJH JV)
CPB Contractors and John Holland Joint Venture (CPBJH JV) has been selected as the preferred contractor to support Transurban and the Victorian Government in delivering the West Gate Tunnel Project.
The project is due to commence construction in early 2018 following planning approvals and be complete in 2022.
About the Project
The West Gate Tunnel Project is a city-shaping project that will deliver a vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge, provide quicker and safer journeys, and remove thousands of trucks off residential streets.
The project will include:
- Widening the West Gate Freeway from eight lanes to 12 between the M80 Ring Road and Williamstown Road
- Building a 2.8km eastbound tunnel and a 4km westbound tunnel under Yarraville
- Constructing a bridge over the Maribyrnong River providing an alternative to the West Gate Bridge
- Constructing an elevated road along Footscray Road to the Port of Melbourne; and
- 14km of new cycling and pedestrian paths.
CPBJH JV has established a project web page with the Industry Capability Network (ICN).
To register your interest in the West Gate Tunnel Project, organisations must:
- be registered with the ICN and
- register their Expression of Interest via the ICN - Westgate Tunnel Project Web Page
Individuals looking for employment with the CPBJH JV project team should register their interest here:
Construction will begin after planning approvals have been granted expected later this year with works to be completed by the end of 2022.
Industry Briefing Sessions
Thursday 22 February 2018 | 4:00pm - 6:00pm
Benalla Performing Arts & Convention Centre
57 Samaria Road, Benalla, VIC 3672
To register for any of these events, CLICK HERE.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
The Expression of Interest (EOI) registration process for the West Gate Tunnel Project (WGTP) is outlined below:
1. An initial (preliminary) EOI Registration comprising of:
a. Basic information about your organisation, company name, ABN / ACN, address, locations and contact details;
b. Your organisation profile and a brief overview of:
- the types of goods and services that you can provide;
- your previous experience, project, project size and work history with CPB / John Holland and other organisations;
- your capacity, capability and the number of staff that you currently employ;
c. Building Code Compliance status
d. Health, safety, environmental and quality management systems used and details of any associated accreditations.
The abovementioned information and the organisation profile provided will assist CPBJH JV to align your organisation with potential WGTP opportunities.
If you are an international company, without an Australian Business Number (ABN), please contact James Ewenson on email firstname.lastname@example.org to be sent the registration template.
2. Your organisation may then be required to complete and submit a more detailed Prequalification Questionnaire and copies of any supporting documentation.
The West Gate Tunnel Project wish to maximise opportunities for competitive Australian and New Zealand (ANZ) businesses and has submitted a local industry development plan (LIDP) for this project.
CPBJH JV are committed to compliance with the following CPBJH JV Plans and strategies:
- Victorian Industry Participation Plan (VIPP)
- Major Project Skills Guarantee Compliance Plan
- Workforce Development Plan
- Social Procurement Strategy.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email Notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.