The West Gate Tunnel Project will deliver a vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge, providing a much needed second river crossing facilitating quicker and safer journeys. It will provide an alternative route from the West Gate Freeway to the CBD and will slash congestion and travel times.
The West Gate Tunnel Project is a partnership between the Victorian Government and Transurban and will be built by construction contractors CPB Contractors and John Holland (CPBJH JV).
Construction is underway and the West Gate Tunnel project will be built over five years from 2018 until 2022.
The West Gate Tunnel Project will:
- Give people a choice – the tunnel or the bridge.
- Extend Wurundjeri Way to provide a city bypass.
- Remove over 9,000 trucks from local streets and enable 24 hour truck bans in six local roads.
- Create 6,000 jobs.
- Construct new twin tunnels under Yarraville.
- Build a bridge over the Maribyrnong River providing a second river crossing that joins an elevated road along Footscray Road.
- Provide 9 hectares of new public open space including parkland and wetlands.
- Widen the West Gate Freeway from 8 to 12 lanes.
- Build more than 9 kilometres of new and improved noise walls along the West Gate Freeway, making it quieter at houses, parks and sport fields.
- Complete the missing link in the Federation Trail.
- Upgrade major cycling and walking paths including the Kororoit Creek and provide safer off-road cycling paths.
The Victorian Government is committed to maximising the job and economic benefits generated by the project for local businesses.
By registering an Expression of Interest (EOI) with ICN, businesses have the opportunity to be considered for this major project.
Please forward your CV to Careers@wgtp.com.au
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
The West Gate Tunnel Project utilises information from ICN and the WGTP "Felix" system to collaborate and connect with Suppliers, Sub-Contractors and Service providers.
Step 1: Register your business with ICN and complete your organisation's ICN Gateway company profile.
- This will set your business up in the ICN system. Your contact details and goods and services profile can then be made available to multiple projects. Information on how to register your business on the ICN Gateway is provided below. (NOTE: To submit an EOI for WGTP opportunities, businesses must first complete their ICN Gateway company profile).
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
Step 2: Submit your EOI for West Gate Tunnel Project opportunities.
- Generic WGTP EOI Opportunities and available work packages are listed below.
Step 3: The West Gate Tunnel Project will review WGTP Expressions of Interest provided by ICN and invite suitable businesses to join the WGTP "Felix" procurement portal / system via email.
If you receive an email invitation from the WGTP "Felix" procurement portal / system, you should then log in and provide:
- additional information regarding your business and the categories of goods and services available
- any supporting documents including but not limited to capability statements, insurance certificates of currency, accreditations and other documents
WGTP Felix membership is provided free of charge by WGTP - there is no cost to join the WGTP Felix procurement portal.
If you are an international company, without an Australian Business Number (ABN), please contact James Ewenson on email firstname.lastname@example.org to be sent the registration template.
Your organisation may then be required to complete and submit a more detailed Prequalification Questionnaire and copies of any supporting documentation.
The West Gate Tunnel Project wish to maximise opportunities for competitive Australian and New Zealand (ANZ) businesses and has submitted a local industry development plan (LIDP) for this project.
CPBJH JV are committed to compliance with the following CPBJH JV Plans and strategies:
- Victorian Industry Participation Plan (VIPP)
- Major Project Skills Guarantee Compliance Plan
- Workforce Development Plan
- Social Procurement Strategy.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email Notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.