Sydney Metro Western Sydney Airport - Stations, Systems, Trains, Operations and Maintenance
Project at a glance
Senior Consultant | Sydney and Sydney Surrounds
The Parklife Metro consortium, comprising of Webuild S.p.A, Siemens and RATP Development, has been selected to deliver the Stations, Systems, Trains, Operations and Maintenance (SSTOM) contract for the joint Australian and NSW government project.
The SSTOM contract has the largest scope of any Sydney Metro contract awarded to date, and is the largest Public Private Partnership awarded in New South Wales
The contract includes 12 new metro trains, six new stations between St Marys and the new Aerotropolis, core rail systems and the stabling and maintenance facility to be built at Orchard Hills.
Parklife Metro will also operate and maintain the Sydney Metro - Western Sydney Airport line for 15 years after it becomes operational.
The Australian and NSW governments have the shared objective of having Sydney Metro - Western Sydney Airport operational when Western Sydney International is open for passenger services.
The awarding of the final contract coincides with another significant project milestone, with Sydney Metro - Western Sydney Airport becoming the first rail infrastructure project in Australian history to commit to being certified carbon-neutral from the start of construction through to operation.
All carbon emissions generated during construction and operation will be reduced and offset.
This project will help shape the future of the vibrant and growing Greater Western Sydney region and connect commuters and travellers with the new Western Sydney International Airport, providing major economic stimulus and supporting more than 14,000 jobs during construction.
Further information on the project is available at sydneymetro.info/westernsydneyairportline.
How to register an Expression of Interest (EOI)
- Work packages currently available to submit an EOI are listed in the 'Work Packages' tab above. Refer to the EOI User Guide below for instructions and assistance to submit an EOI.
- To submit an initial EOI for the work packages, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
ICN Gateway Company Registration
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- Your company summary and company description are used to assess your ability to complete projects when you lodge an EOI - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
Sydney Metro is Australia's biggest public transport project. In 2024, Sydney will have 31 metro railway stations and a 66km standalone metro railway system, revolutionising the way Australia's biggest city travels. By the end of the decade, the network will be expanded to include 46 stations and more than 113 kms of world-class metro for Sydney.
Metro means a new generation of world-class fast, safe and reliable trains easily connecting customers to where they want to go. Customers don’t need timetables – they just turn up and go.