Goldwind is one of the world's leading wind power companies. The largest player in the wind industry in China, Goldwind has a presence on six continents. In 2015 Goldwind was the world's number one wind turbine manufacturer by newly installed generation capacity. Goldwind Australia was established in 2009 and offers comprehensive services including R&D, project development, turbine manufacturing, project management and O&M services. Their Australian projects include:
- Mortons Lane, which has been operational for more than 4 years;
- White Rock Wind Farm, which is under construction in the New England Tablelands and;
- Gullen Range Wind Farm, the largest wind farm in NSW operational since 2014.
Zenviron has been appointed by Goldwind Australia as the Balance of Plant contractor.
About the Project
The Moorabool Wind Farm project is located approximately 4km south of Ballan, 67km from Melbourne, 27km from Ballarat and 47km from Geelong. It will extend 14km north to south between Ballan and Mount Wallace to the west of the C141 (Geelong-Ballan Rd). The project is divided into two sections, the Bungeeltap Section towards the north of the project site and the Ballark Section to the south.
The project scope includes the construction and operation of 107 wind turbines and is expected to produce 1,100,000 MWh of electricity annually. This is enough renewable energy to power the equivalent of 223,000 average Victorian homes every year, representing 11% of Victorian homes. It will contribute to the Victorian Renewable Energy Target of 25% by 2020 and 40% by 2025.
The natural terrain and consistent wind speeds in the area are significant and the connection to the electricity network is also strong.
Expressions of Interest are currently being sought from suppliers and contractors for work packages including:
- Wind Turbine Erection
- Design and Construction of the civil and electrical balance of plant (onsite roads, foundations, buildings and electrical reticulation).
Latest Project Information & Updates
Please see documents attached below under 'Project Documents' section of this page.
Industry Briefing Event
Join us at the Moorabool Wind Farm briefing to hear from the construction team at Goldwind Australia and Zenviron who will provide a project update and how you can be involved in the Moorabool Wind Farm project.
Date: Tuesday 5 June 2018
Time: Registration at 3:30pm for 4:00pm - 6:00pm presentation and networking
Place: Mechanics Institute, 143 Inglis Street, Ballan, VIC 3342
RSVP: 12noon, Monday 4 June 2018
Registration: CLICK HERE
Stage I - Expressions of Interest
Businesses who are interested in submitting an EOI can register their business and submit their EOI on the ICN Gateway at www.icngateway.com.au. A database will be provided to the Main Contractor and Major Subcontractors of companies that expressed interest during Stage I.
Please note: This EOI is open to businesses only. Individuals interested in working on the Moorabool Wind Farm are advised not to respond to this EOI and await further information concerning work opportunities following the appointment of the Main Contractor.
Stage II - Further Information
Goldwind in partnership with the Industry Capability Network (ICN), is keen to maximise the use of local business in this project. Following appointment of the Main Contractor an information forum will be held in Ballan for businesses that have registered an expression of interest to provide information about available work packages and bidding process for subcontracting or supply opportunities with the Major Subcontractors.
Stage III - Engagement of Contractors
The Main Contractor or Major Subcontractor may engage suppliers and subcontractors according to their normal procurement processes which can include tendering for particular work or negotiation of rates for particular work. Prior to engagement, companies will be required to complete a pre-qualification approval according to the requirements of the hiring company (Main Contractor or Major Subcontractor). In some cases this may include the payment of a fee to a third party for processing the pre-qualification application.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Package listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to Goldwind for this project.
- Goldwind will be provided with your detailed company profile outlining capabilities to supply into the project. It will then be the responsibility of Goldwind to make direct contact with the company.
- As ICN Victoria becomes engaged on individual Work Packages of the Moorabool Wind Farm Project, project specific EOIs may need to be submitted
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email Notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.