West Gate Tunnel
The Victorian Government has awarded this contract to CPB Contractors and John Holland Joint Venture (CPBJHJV).
Details of the next stage can be found by clicking through Associated Opportunities section below.
The Victorian Government is partnering with Transurban to build the West Gate Tunnel Project.
The West Gate Tunnel will provide an alternative to the West Gate Bridge and improve access to the Port of Melbourne.
It will also create 6000 jobs and deliver an $11 billion boost to Victoria's economy.
Key features include:
- Widening the West Gate Freeway from 8 to 12 lanes between the M80 and Williamstown Road
- A tunnel under Yarraville connecting to a bridge over the Maribynong River
- An elevated road along Footscray Road with direct links to the Port of Melbourne, CityLink and the western edge of the CBD
- The longest managed motorway network in Australia running from Geelong to Pakenham
- New cycling and pedestrian paths including completion of the Federation Trail
The Victorian Government is committed to maximising the job and economic benefits generated by the project for local businesses.
By registering an expression of interest with ICN, businesses from Melbourne and Victoria have the opportunity to be considered for this major project.
The minimum level of local content for the Design and Construction of the Tunnel, Road Works and Elevated Structures set for this project is 89%.
The minimum level of local content for the supply and installation of the Electronic lane Use Management System set for this project is 82%.
Bidders will also be required to maximise the use of Local Steel.
CPB Contractors John Holland JV have commenced Construction.
Construction is expected to start in early 2018 and the project complete and open to traffic in 2022.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Package listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to potential bidders for this project.
- Bidders for this project will be provided with your detailed company profile outlining capabilities to supply into the project. It will then be the responsibility of the bidder to make direct contact with the company.
- As ICN Victoria becomes engaged on individual Work Packages of the 'West Gate Tunnel Project', project specific EOIs may need to be submitted
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email Notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.