The Common User Facility provides a safe and secure laydown area suited for fabrication, assembly, storage, commissioning and maintenance activities as well as excellent marine load-in/load-out facilities via a heavy duty Barge Ramp.
The Common User Facility is located approximately 18kms by road from Darwin CBD and less than 500 metres from the entry to Darwin Port’s East Arm Wharf.
The Common User Facility is central to other major transport and logistic nodes including the Marine Supply Base, Berrimah Rail Freight Terminal and Darwin Business Park.
There are over 9 hectares of secure, heavy duty hardstand for the assembly of modules and storage of equipment to service major projects including oil and gas, marine and Defence activities.
- Secure, heavy duty pavement
- Gate access for registered users via mobile phone
- CCTV surveillance recording
The Barge Ramp is part of the 140 hectare Marine Industry Park and provides all tide water access for commercial use.
A heavy duty paved roadway linking 9 hectares of hardstand to the ramp
All tide access for shallow draft barges and amphibious landing craft that can cater for a variety of coastal barge services
- 20 metre heavy duty concrete barge ramp with side protection fenders
- A rock protection breakwater for safe marine access to the ramp
- Navigation aids including a sector and Cardinal markers
- Lighting and potable water services.
The project was jointly funded by the Australian Government’s Department of Defence and the Northern Territory Government’s Land Development Corporation.