Princes Highway Duplication - Winchelsea to Colac
The Princes Highway is the major inter-regional road that connects the south-western Victoria with ports, airports, rail connections and capital cities. The Highway is used by over 350,000 people and a number of important industries including logging, agriculture, grain, dairy and smelter products.
The duplication involves widening and upgrading the highway to a four-lane divided road that will:
- improve safety and journey reliability
- improve tourist and freight access to the Great Ocean Road.
These projects are jointly funded by the Victorian and Australian governments. Project Website
The Princes Highway duplication from Winchelsea to Colac will be delivered in four sections:
- Deans Marsh Road in Winchelsea to Armytage Road, approximately 11.5 km
- Armytage Road to Trasks Road, including new bridges over the Geelong to Warrnambool railway line at two locations over 15 km
- Trasks Road to Baillie Street, East Colac, approximately 8.5km
- Baillie Street to Corangamite Street, approximately 2km - includes the upgrade of two bridges
Princes Highway Duplication - Armytage to Warncoort (Section 2)
Duplication of the Princes Highway between Armytage Road, Armytage and Trasks Road, Warncoort will provide approximately 15 kilometres of dual divided highway with a wide median and 3.5 metre shoulder.
Seven (7) intersections will be upgraded to provide safer access to the highway from connecting roads; and safe system principles will be incorporated to minimise the risk of crashes along the road. The existing rail overpass at Armytage will be duplicated and the level crossing of the Highway at Warncoort will be removed and replaced with road overpass bridges.
The minimum level of local content set for this project is 95%.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Package listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to potential bidders for this project.
- Bidders for this project will be provided with your detailed company profile outlining capabilities to supply into the project. It will then be the responsibility of the bidder to make direct contact with the company.
- As ICN Victoria becomes engaged on individual Work Packages of the 'Princes Highway Duplication - Winchelsea to Warncoort (Section 2) Project', project specific EOIs may need to be submitted
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email Notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.