About Nexus Delivery
Nexus Delivery is a joint venture between Acciona and Ferrovial Agroman, established to design and construct the Toowoomba Second Range Crossing (TSRC). The design and construction phase is 40 months and includes all infrastructure, assets and systems.
Nexus Delivery is committed to sourcing local subcontractors, suppliers, goods and services.
The TSRC will be delivered through a combination of self performance and subcontracting.
Nexus Delivery will be utilizing ICN Gateway as part of the procurement process. ICN Gateway is an online platform connecting suppliers with project owners and procurement managers.
About the Project
The TSRC is the largest Australian Government funding commitment to a single road project in Queenslands history. Addressing a recognised constraint in the National Land Transport Network, the TSRC will ensure freight efficiencies and significantly improve driver safety and community amenity by removing heavy vehicles from the central business district of Australias second largest inland city, Toowoomba.
The TSRC is the centre piece of major economic development taking place in southern Queensland and will create a safer, faster and more efficient route for connecting freight to major ports and markets.
The TSRC will deliver significant economic benefits for the region and will support local employment and the local supply chain.
The key features of Nexus Infrastructures TSRC design solution include:
- four lanes from Warrego Highway East Interchange to Warrego Highway West
- grade separated interchanges at Warrego Highway West, Toowoomba-Cecil Plains Road and Gore Highway
- grade separated connection to Mort Street
- an approximately 30-metre deep cutting at the top of the Toowoomba Range will be constructed as an alternative to the tunnel solution as detailed in the reference design to allow all heavy vehicles, including dangerous goods and over-dimensional vehicles to use the TSRC
- 800m long viaduct built over the existing Queensland Rail line
- continuity of the New England Highway through a new bridge over the cutting.
Preliminary construction activities including geotechnical investigations and survey activities will commence in late 2015 and construction is expected to commence in early 2016. Construction will take approximately three years to complete with the TSRC expected to open to traffic in late 2018.
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Nexus Delivery encourages local industry interested in supplying to the project to register an expression of interest (EOI) through the ICN Gateway webpage.
Information on specific supply opportunities will be communicated on the ICN Gateway project page as it becomes available, with local industry able to register its interest against them.
Please ensure that:
- Your company profile on the ICN Gateway is complete, up-to-date and accurate including electing to be notified via e-mail of supply opportunities
- You register your interest as a full or partial scope supplier (where applicable), and
- You respond to all project and work package-specific questions.
It is important that businesses submitting an EOI are aware that their submission does not guarantee that they will progress further in the procurement process. Only companies that can demonstrate capability and capacity in accordance with Nexus Delivery standards will be invited to pre-qualify for specific opportunities.
Please review the work-packages when they are listed on ICN Gateway. Your company will be notified provided you have selected capabilities within Construction and Engineering in the Notification section of your company profile on ICN Gateway.SHOW LESS