Forensic Mental Health Expansion Project Thomas Embling Hospital (TEH) - John Holland
Project at a glance
Building Equality Policy Industry Adviser
The Forensic Mental Health (FMH) Expansion Project is being led by the Victorian Health Building Authority (VHBA) in collaboration with Forensicare to deliver the largest ever investment in Thomas Embling Hospital. The project will play a critical role in reforming the way forensic mental health services are delivered in the mental health system.
John Holland is one of the nation's leading property and integrated infrastructure companies and is currently delivering the Thomas Embling Hospital (TEH) Forensic Mental Health Expansion Project.
The project involves the provision of new and redeveloped infrastructure to expand the number of forensic mental health beds on the TEH site in Fairfield, Victoria.
Built in 2000 and operated by Forensicare, TEH is Victoria's first purpose-designed secure hospital and the sole provider of compulsory bed-based mental health services for security, forensic and civil patients, providing care and treatment for people living with a serious mental illness in contact with, or at risk of entering, the justice system.
Stages 1 and 2 of the project will see capital works providing 82 new forensic mental health beds, a new entry complex and supporting infrastructure. The project will enable Forensicare to implement its new model of care, with improved bed capacity and facilities to meet current and projected demand for forensic mental health services and flexibility to deal with changing service requirements and cohort needs.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Package listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to the project owner for this project.
- The project owner will be provided with your detailed company profile outlining capabilities to supply into the project. The project owner will contact you directly if you are shortlisted to tender or quote.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email Notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.