Laing O'Rourke - Bridge Inn Road Upgrade Project
Project at a glance
Bridge Inn Road is a key arterial road that provides a direct link for east-west travel, connecting road users to local suburbs in the Mernda and Doreen area.
The Bridge Inn Road upgrade involves the duplication of Bridge Inn Road from two to four lanes over 3 km extending, from Schotters Road to 250 meters west of Yan Yean Road, and from two to six lanes over 0.5km from Plenty Road to Schotters Road.
The Bridge Inn Road upgrade project will provide:
- Improved traffic flow and travel times
- Improved access to the new Mernda train station
- Enhance connectivity to residential developments and employment opportunities in the north
- Provide easier access to the proposed Mernda town centre
- Provide a safer alternative for residents to walk or cycle around the local area
- Lower the risk and severity of crashes by installing safety barriers.
Laing O’Rourke will manage the design and construction of the Bridge Inn Road Upgrade, as shown in Figure 1 below.
Commencement on site is anticipated Q2 of 2022 and completion in Q1 2024.
Site investigations and early works are underway, and major construction is expected to start in the first half of 2022.
The road upgrade will be complete by 2025.
The Projects EOI and Prequalification process will be run by ICN Victoria, and all communication should be directed to the ICN contact.
Prequalification will comprise of a short prequalification questionnaire, request of employment and Project-Related Insurances, Statement of Credentials and Financials to allow financial capacity and due diligence checks to be completed, and a Social Procurement & Local Industry Participation questionnaire.
If successful during the prequalification process, tenderer’s will be invited to submit a tender. Please see below Tender Returnable Documents:
Part B: Form of Tender
Part D: Employment and Project-Related Insurances
Part E: Health, Safety and Environment: Supply Chain HSES Evaluation
Part F: Statement of Credentials and Financials
Part G: Section 1: Declaration of Compliance with the Building Code for the Tendering and Performance of Building Work 2016. Section 2: Industrial Relations Questionnaire and Statutory Declaration.
Part J: Tendered Price Breakdown
Part K: Other Returnable Information
Part L: Anti-bribery and Anti-corruption (ABAC) Due Diligence Questionnaire
Part M: Social Procurement questionnaire
Part N: Victorian industry participation policy (VIPP) & Local industry development plan (LIDP).
Please note: suppliers should familiarise themselves with Laing O’Rourke’s Next Gear HSE system and Fatal and Severe Risks Controls Standard’s which can be accessed via the links below:
Laing O’Rourke has a zero tolerance culture for any kind of dishonest or unethical conduct and is committed to operating in a manner consistent with the laws of the jurisdictions in which it operates, including anti-bribery and anti-corruption legislation. The Tenderer’s attention is drawn to the Laing O’Rourke Code of Conduct.
Tenderer’s will be requested to provide a Declaration of Compliance with the Building Code for the Tendering and Performance of Building Work 2016.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- To submit an EOI, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to companies who are short listed to bid for this Project.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complementing a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance are available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Information & Updates, Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.