Suburban Rail Loop
Project at a glance
Suburban Rail Loop (SRL) will transform Victoria's public transport system connecting our suburbs and creating opportunities in great places.
The 90-kilometre SRL will link every major rail line from the Frankston line to the Werribee line, via the airport, better connecting Victorians to jobs, retail, education, health services and each other.
It will ease congestion and take pressure off the existing transport network and the project will generate a long pipeline of work and construction activity, creating up to 24,000 jobs across the economy during construction.
As well as delivering significant transport benefits, SRL provides an opportunity to plan the services, amenity and infrastructure we're going to need outside of the CBD for future generations.
SRL will be delivered in stages over several decades, with Initial and Early Works package of works having started in 2022, paving the way for major construction.
Initial and Early Works
The Initial and Early Works comprises a range of preparatory works, including utility relocation and protection works, site establishment works, ground improvement trials, road improvements and underground structures to facilitate the commencement of tunnelling operations.
This Package of works has been awarded to Laing O'Rourke as the Managing Contractor.
Construction of the Initial and Early Works commenced in 2022.
Power Connection Works
The Power Connection Works comprise works required to connect to and supply power from the Victorian electricity system for the construction and operation phases of the SRL.
Activities associated with the Power Connection Works are expected to commence in 2022.
Tunnels Cheltenham to Glen Waverley
The Tunnels Cheltenham to Glen Waverley package of works comprises all tunnelling and excavation works on the SRL alignment between Cheltenham and Glen Waverley, the completion of which will result in 16 kilometers for twin tunnels.
Construction of the Tunnels Cheltenham to Glen Waverley package of works is expected to commence in 2026.
This is NOT an EOI for the Main Contactor/Managing Contractor as this process will be carried out by the Suburban Rail Loop Authority.
Main Contractors interested in being involved in the Suburban Rail Loop should register their interest with the Suburban Rail Loop Authority here.
However if you are sub-contractor and/or product supplier please complete an EOI as below.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- To submit an initial EOI, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to Construction Companies who are shortlisted to bid for this Project.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complementing a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click hereto register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN network - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to ICN Information and Updates, Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.