Melbourne has experienced the greatest annual population growth of any Australian capital city for over 12 years running and by 2051, is forecast to reach a population of 7.7 million, overtaking Sydney to become Australia’s most populous city. Sixty percent of Melbourne’s growth over the last decade has occurred in outer suburban areas which will continue to do most of the heavy-lifting to accommodate the city’s growing population.
The Suburban Roads Upgrade Program (SRU Program) presents an outstanding opportunity to transform Melbourne’s outer suburban arterial road network and address the gap in infrastructure investment generated by rapid land use change.
Awarded in December 2017, the Western Roads Upgrade Project is the first stage of the SRU Program and is currently in delivery.
The next stages of the SRU Program are the South-Eastern Roads Upgrade Project (SERU Project) and the Northern Roads Upgrade Project which will be delivered as two separate ‘availability’ Public Private Partnerships.
The SERU Project includes the upgrade of six arterial roads in Melbourne’s south eastern suburbs and maintenance of approximately 1050 lane kilometres of arterial roads for a further 20 years.
The following roads will be improved as part of the SERU Project:
- Healesville-Koo Wee Rup Road
- Lathams Road
- Hallam North Road
- Narre Warren-Cranbourne Road
- Pound Road West
- Golf Links Road
The minimum level of local content set for this project is:
- 96% for the Preconstruction & Construction phase of the project
- 98% for the Services phase of the project
July 2018 - EOI released for the SERU Project
October 2018 - Shortlisted respondents announced
2019 - Tender period
Q1 2020 - Award contract
Mid 2020 – Construction commencement
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Package listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to the relevant Respondent.
- It will then be the responsibility of the relevant Respondent to make direct contact with your company.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.