These two upgrades are being delivered together ahead of the Western Sydney Airport and expected significant population and jobs growth. They are part of the $1.6B The Northern Road Upgrade and the $509M Bringelly Road Upgrade, which are both included in the $3.6B Western Sydney Infrastructure Plan.
The 35km The Northern Road Upgrade is being delivered in different stages from Narellan to South Penrith and will cater for future traffic from planned residential and commercial development. The 10km Bringelly Road Upgrade is being delivered in two stages, from Camden Valley Way, Leppington to The Northern Road, Bringelly. Stage 1 between Camden Valley Way and King Street has been in construction since January 2015.
The Northern Road key features:
- Two lanes in each direction with a four metre wide shoulder and wide central median allowing for widening to six lanes, when required
- A grade separated interchange (underpass) at Bringelly Road to the east of Bringelly Village shops and the existing intersection with Bringelly Road/Greendale Road
- Nine intersections to be upgraded with new traffic lights
- Existing bridge over Thompson Creek replaced for southbound traffic and a new bridge for northbound traffic.
Bringelly Road key features
- Two lanes in each direction with a central median, allowing for widening to six lanes, when required
- A three metre wide off road shared pedestrian and cyclist path with crossings at traffic lights to improve safety
- New three way intersection at Kelvin Park Drive with traffic lights
- New four way intersection at Jersey Road with traffic lights and a temporary U-turn facility
- New bridges over South Creek
- New four way intersection at Masterfield Street and at North Avenue with traffic lights.
Roads and Maritime has awarded Lendlease the construction contract for The Stage 2 Upgrade of The Northern Road and Bringelly Road. Work on the upgrades is expected to start in 2017 and be completed by 2020, weather permitting
As part of Lendlease's commitment to the Western Sydney economy and community, locally based contractors are encouraged to register their interest in upcoming opportunities for project work packages. It is recommended that companies register via the office that will service this project if successful. Lendlease's vision is to create the best places in safe, sustainable and customer focused working environments, so we are looking for subcontractors and suppliers who share our vision to get involved.
Some packages will only be available to contractors and/or suppliers who have been pre-qualified by Roads and Maritime Services, these packages have been placed in a separate section below. For more information on Roads and Maritimes pre-qualification requirements please visit the Roads and Maritime Partners and Suppliers site.
For all work packages, registrants are required to submit all the following forms as part of the EOI:
- Lendlease Engineering Prequalification Questionnaires,
- Lendlease Industrial Relations and Code Compliance, and
- Company Profile for The Northern Road & Bringelly Road Stage 2 Upgrade Australian Industry Participation Plan
Please note that you will only need to complete these forms once, regardless of how many work packages you register for within this project.
Registrations that cannot be evaluated due to an incomplete EOI (such as requested forms not completed and / or uploaded) or electronically corrupt will not be considered.
All forms and requirements for Lendlease pre-qualification are available to download from the Project Documents section below. Information and documents for the Roads and Maritime pre-qualification scheme are available on their partners and suppliers site.SHOW LESS