Melbourne Underground Rail Loop (MURL) Fire and Safety Upgrade Stage 2
The MURL Fire and Safety Upgrade (Stage 2) and Intruder Alarm Project will improve the safety of the Melbourne Underground Rail Loop (MURL) stations by upgrading aspects of the emergency management systems and infrastructure.
The Stage 2 works cover the following scope:
- Upgrade Station Sprinkler Systems at Melbourne Central Station, Parliament Station and Flagstaff Station.
- Provide a Smoke Management System at Melbourne Central Station based on mechanical exhaust of smoke through platform ducts located above platforms.
- Provide mechanical Smoke Management Systems at Parliament and Flagstaff Stations based on mechanical exhaust of smoke through the draught relief shafts (no platform ductwork).
- Roll out of the Tunnel Intruder Alarm System (TIAS) which incorporates the following:
- Main Fibre Network Fitted to tunnels, MURL stations, ventilation shafts and substations.
- GE Challenger security system to key access points across the MURL.
- Proposed detection system at platform ends
The minimum level of local content set for this project is 74% for the Preconstruction and Construction Phase of the Project as well as maximise the use of locally milled steel fabricated products where possible.
Tender closes - 7 August 2017
Construction Commences - November 2017
Construction Complete - December 2019
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Package listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to potential bidders for this project.
- Bidders for this project will be provided with your detailed company profile outlining capabilities to supply into the project. It will then be the responsibility of the bidder to make direct contact with the company.
- As ICN Victoria becomes engaged on individual Work Packages of the 'MURL Fire and Safety Upgrade Stage 2 Project', project specific EOIs may need to be submitted
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email Notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.