Western Road Upgrades Project
The Victorian Government has made one of the biggest investments ever for outer suburban roads to cater for the rapid population growth in Melbourne, including a $1.8 billion program of road upgrades and maintenance in the outer west.
Melbourne's population has been increasing more than any other capital city in Australia for 12 years running, with 60 per cent of that growth happening in the outer suburbs.
The program will improve safety and traffic flow, and provide better access to employment centres, freight hubs and recreation spaces.
In November 2016, the state government advertised a $1.8 billion contract for a western package. The contract will be delivered through a Public Private Partnership* (PPP), including upgrading eight arterial roads (listed below) within five years, and maintenance of approximately 700 kilometres of arterial road, spanning from Werribee to Footscray, for a further 20 years.
The following Roads will be improved as part of the Western Road Upgrades Project:
- Derrimut Road upgrade, Sayers Road to Dohertys Road, Tarneit
- Dohertys Road upgrade, Fitzgerald Road to Grieve Pde, Laverton North
- Dohertys Road upgrade, Foundation Road to Palmers Road, Truganina
- Duncans Road and Princes Freeway interchange in Werribee and Werribee South
- Dunnings Road and Palmers Road upgrade, Point Cook Road to Princes Freeway, Point Cook
- Leakes Road upgrade, Fitzgerald Road to Derrimut Road, Truganina
- Palmers Road upgrade, Princes Freeway Western Freeway, Truganina
- Princes Freeway and Forsyth Road Interchange upgrade, Hoppers Crossing
The minimum level of local content set for this project is:
92% for the Preconstruction & Construction phase of the project
93% for the Asset Management phase of the project
Maximise the use of locally milled steel fabricated products where possible (Preconstruction & Construction phase only).
November 2016 - EOI released for Western package to Industry
March 2017 - shortlisted bidders invited to Tender
March 2017 to Late 2017 Tender and Negotiation period
Late 2017 - Award Contract
Early 2018 to 2021 - Construction
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Package listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to potential bidders for this project.
- Bidders for this project will be provided with your detailed company profile outlining capabilities to supply into the project. It will then be the responsibility of the bidder to make direct contact with the company.
- As ICN Victoria becomes engaged on individual Work Packages of the 'Western Road Upgrades Project', project specific EOIs may need to be submitted
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email Notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.