State Library Victoria - Ballarat Off Site Store, Module 2
Context and Background
The State Library of Victoria's collections are housed both on-site in the CBD building and at a purpose built store at Federation University in Ballarat (BOSS1). The Librarys physical collection continues to grow at approximately 2% per annum with BOSS 1 expected to reach capacity by end of 2017.
As part of its strategy for ongoing collection storage the Library requires the construction of an additional off-site storage facility, being Ballarat Off Site Store 2 (BOSS2).
In April 2016, the Minister for Creative Industries announced that the 2016-17 State Budget will provide $21.4 million to the extension of the State Librarys collection storage facility, as part of the Victorian Governments Creative State strategy.
The BOSS2 project commenced in July 2016 and is currently forecast to be completed in 2018.
Project Aims and Scope
BOSS2 is the second stage of the State Librarys 30 year collection storage plan to deliver sustainable access to the collection for all Victorians, by:
- Providing access to the collections to support Victorias education and creative industries
- Meeting the Victorian communities expectations for access to the collection
- Preserving the documentary heritage of Victoria for current and future Victorians
- Building confidence in donors and prominent Victorians that the Library is the place of deposit for their papers, archives, manuscripts and artworks
- Ensuring the most cost-effective investment in collection storage
The project includes the design and construction of a new storage facility with a connection to the existing facility located on the grounds of Federation University in Ballarat.
Appointment of Design Team October 2016
Appointment of Builder Mid 2017
Commence site establishment Mid 2017
Complete construction - End 2017 / Early 2018
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Package listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to potential bidders for this project.
- Bidders for this project will be provided with your detailed company profile outlining capabilities to supply into the project. It will then be the responsibility of the bidder to make direct contact with the company.
- As ICN Victoria becomes engaged on individual Work Packages of the 'State Library Victoria - Ballarat Off Site Store, Module2', project specific EOIs may need to be submitted
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email Notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.